SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Mason's site, Ladywell
hoona

12-01-2012 01:40 PM

According to Brockley Central, Mason's - which has been lying empty for less time than the old bank - has been taken on and is being turned into a gastropub. So, to all the doubters, if it can happen in Ladywell why can't it happen in Honor Oak? Cursing

http://brockleycentral.blogspot.com/

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheeky

12-01-2012 02:10 PM

Also just read from that that Antic have bought the Copperfield in Catford!!!!!

I almost want to cry seeing all these things happening elsewhere (in 'Catford' and Ladywell of all places) when the lovely Old Bank site sits empty in a great location and the only news that ever seems to be heard about it links it with Domino's.

Sad

kittenheels

04-02-2012 11:38 AM

I've just written an email to Antic telling them the good people of HOP need them!

A lovely pub - I'm thinking fireplace, hearty food, weird and wonderful ale selection to please my hub - would, in my mind, be a perfect addition to the HOP strip.

Let's see what they come back with.

oryx

04-02-2012 05:42 PM

What I would absolutely love to see is a good quality vegetarian restaurant of the sort that would attract people from all over, as well as locally - something like Manna in Primrose Hill, Carnevale near the Barbican or Blah Blah Blah in Shepherds Bush.

SE London has really lacked a decent vegetarian restaurant since Heather's in Deptford shut about ten years ago.

That's top of my wish list anyway!

mrm1ag1

04-02-2012 06:21 PM

Why just a vegetarian restuarant? Surely you can have a decent restuarant that can cater for both meat eaters and veggies?

oryx

04-02-2012 10:35 PM

The choice in most mainstream restaurants for vegetarians is rubbish. Usually one or two dishes per course, and often real cliches such as goat's cheese tart.

We tried to get into a couple of aforementioned vegetarian restaurants tonight & couldn't get a table. I just think there's a real gap in the market for a good vege restaurant in south London.

I'd be quite happy with most restaurants, though, rather than a fast food outlet.

This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 10:39 PM by oryx.

AMFM

06-02-2012 09:21 AM

Have you tried Indian Mischief on Lordship Lane - it's veggie - and ery good too.

oryx

06-02-2012 08:02 PM

I have indeed, and it was very good.

I could have sworn I originally posted on the thread about the Old Bank and not some place in Ladywell.Confused

Bcm

06-02-2012 08:13 PM

You sure did!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields