SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
South East London Pub of the Year 2008..
michael

25-03-2008 12:54 PM

Blythe Hill Tavern is an important part of the diversity of drinking establishments in SE23. While not my favourite [and I have posted a less positive review on this site - but mainly to wind up BaggyDave] I can understand why people like it.

Once you get over the 'we haven't seen you in here before' looks from the regulars everybody is very friendly. I don't personally like the layout with the front room that feels like somebody's living room, the bar area with little room to sit except for at the bar, and the back room - which is relatively pleasant (if you sit a little distance from the toilets). The garden looks really nice and is probably the nicest pub garden in SE23.

Personally I prefer not to have sports on the TVs in every room, but then I also like to smoke with a pint, so I have learnt to make compromises.

I did not notice any Felixstowe language referred to above, I probably assumed that it was Gaelic.

With regular traditional music, good beer, and a nice garden, the biggest problem with this pub is the bus ride home. The good news for all those who don't like this pub is that there are another 12 pubs in Forest Hill from which to choose.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: South East London Pub of the Year 2008.. - michael - 25-03-2008 12:54 PM