SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Is Dalmain School pretty mediocre?
caoilte26

27-01-2012 03:42 PM

Hi, I have two children at Dalmain in Years 2 and 3. Both of my children are extremely bright and the staff are amazing. The head teacher is one to be reckoned with and is truly inspiring. All teachers at the school love children (I know that sounds like a pre-requisite for a teacher but sadly is often not the case!) and love teaching. My children are thriving at the school and any issues that ever arise are dealt with there and then, the head teacher has a fully open door policy and is always there to discuss any issues.

There is a thriving PTA in force with many involved and we have just held a wonderful Christmas fair with real Reindeer and Father Christmas which was a massive success and managed to raise lots of funds for the school. Please don’t be put off by stats, I challenge any parent to go to the school on one of their open mornings and hear the head teacher talk about the school and how very proud she is and her vision and not want to have your children be a part of it! I am proud to say my children go to Dalmain.

Dalmain are a non selective school and this means they are open to all children, no matter what their background and for this reason there is a very mixed demographic within the school, but this is to be embraced. I do feel, however, this reflects the stats you refer to. Indeed, some children may come into that school at the very late stages who have only a very limited knowledge of the English language but the school are fantastic at overcoming any such challenges and ensuring those children with a more advanced learning ability or talent are continuously challenged.

Ok, rant over, as you can see I am very passionate about the school, sending my children there was the the best decision I ever made and many many parents at the school feel the same.

Go have a look!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Is Dalmain School pretty mediocre? - edd - 27-01-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: Is Dalmain School pretty mediocre? - caoilte26 - 27-01-2012 03:42 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kilmorie or Dalmain school ForestHill Mum 7 9,799 06-12-2013 10:07 AM
Last Post: ForestHill Mum
  before and after school childcare from Dalmain School Prampusher 0 4,100 09-11-2011 09:23 PM
Last Post: Prampusher
  Dalmain School zee 2 5,628 05-07-2009 05:31 PM
Last Post: annsquire66