SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Albion Millennium Green
Tim Lund

19-01-2012 02:14 PM

I've just emailed our mailing list with an invitation to the AGM of the Friends of Albion Millennium Green, but of course there are quite possibly people out there who don't know about this hidden local gem. Here it is on a Google Map, explaining that

Quote:
Although still relatively young this small site has a good range of habitats and species present - it offers a place of tranquillity in a busy part of Lewisham. This former tennis club was landscaped into an attractive informal park at the turn of the century under the Countryside Agency's 'Millennium Greens' scheme.

You can also find out what the Friends of Albion Millennium Green are doing on our web site here

The AGM will be Sat Feb 18th, 2.00-4.00, Holy Trinity Church Hall, Trinity Path, off Sydenham Park, SE26 4EA

This will mainly be a chance for members of the community to hear what we are doing under Bruno's leadership - our plans, the grants awarded and moneys spent - to ask questions, and of course to volunteer. Since it will still be daylight when the official part of the meeting finishes, we could head off to the Green to see what's actually been happening.

The meeting will also include the enrollment of paid up FoAMG members - £6 / £3 concessions - and the nomination of some notable honorary members who have over the years given their time and effort to the Green. Members will then be able to vote for the committee - for which all three serving officers, Brumo Roubicek as Chair, Ann Field as Treasurer, and myself as Secretary, have agreed to stand. If anyone else wishes to stand for the committee, please contact me by February 4th.

We may before then have Paypal buttons on our web site by which members can join, and make any donations. In any case, I can forward relevant details to anyone who wants to join but is unable to come to the AGM.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tim Lund

16-02-2012 11:13 AM

Quick bump for this - even if you can't get to our AGM, find time to visit the Green at some time and appreciate a quiet gem within our city. For more information, visit our web site here.

derbybill

19-02-2012 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info. Great to see that things are happening there. I will try and visit sometime as the my late mother was a very active member of the Tennis Club there, many many years ago.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  May Day at the Albion Millennium Green michael 7 8,286 30-04-2011 10:15 AM
Last Post: michael