SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Sydenham Police Station
michael

29-01-2013 01:26 PM

I went along last night to the meeting and below are my observations. They may not be accurate in every respect, but I can only blame them for not communicating better, and failing to answer a number of questions raised by me and others.

Generally there appears to be some positive news regarding proposed increasing police numbers for Lewisham (10% increase) but each ward will have a reduced Safer Neighbourhoods core team.

The proposals is to have just a single Police Officer, and a PCSO in each ward. Generally this will be two individuals who will build the community relations and know the area, but when they are on holiday they will be backfilled by other officers, so that there should always be a police presence in each ward (at least during standard working hours for police).

They are still not sure whether they want to close Sydenham police station, which is a useful base for Safer Neighbourhoods Teams. One possible option they are looking at is having a front counter at their property on Catford Hill / Rathfern Road http://goo.gl/maps/T4HFX
This site is (according to them and Google Maps) just 7 minutes drive from Sydenham Police station, or a 1.8 mile walk (1.5 if you go over the pedestrian footbridge, but they might not realise that).

But the strategy is to speak to people in their homes or local area, rather than relying on front counters, which cost the equivalent of 12 officers to run.

No answer was given to the question about how much time would be spent by officers travelling between Forest Hill and Lewisham (on public transport?)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham Police Station Family Open Day 24/06/17 admin 0 3,296 15-05-2017 05:31 PM
Last Post: admin
  Police Street Briefing at Sydenham Park Fri 11/3 and Sat 12/3 at 6-7pm admin 1 3,540 10-03-2016 09:01 PM
Last Post: admin
  Open Day Lewisham Police Station michael 3 6,180 12-06-2015 12:49 PM
Last Post: Mr_Numbers
  Sydenham Residents Awoken By Train Station Guard Ghis 2 4,140 18-08-2010 12:52 PM
Last Post: Baboonery