SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car damaged by cyclist - Garthorne Road
Joffe

20-01-2012 11:33 AM

rshdunlop - the make of the car is irrelevant - if ti had been a focus, i'd have said 'Focus'. If it were a mini, I'd have said 'mini'. I thought it might help to be specific so the owner (if reading this) might be more sure it was their vehicle.

For what it's worth, the car wasn't parked that badly - it was just that with the trailor on the back the cyclist couldn't quite get the angle. All he had to do was get off and lift it slightly over the curb. Annoying, I know, but I don't think it was arrogance on the driver's part - it's not that obvious you need to leave loads of room - people are more concerned they're not blocking the fire route.

To prove the point, there's a guy who drives a Golf from pretty much one end of Garthorne Road to the fire barrier end every morning to save himself a 5 minute walk. He was parked in that spot this morning about where the BMW was parked yesterday. He does it every day - and yet still made the same mistake.

The mistake of the cyclist (other than causing criminal damage) was to assume this was an arrogant motorist who couldn't care a less for cyclists. What if this was somebody who'd rushed round to see an ill relative? What if they needed their car for an emergency? What if the cyclist cost a life by his actions?

This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 11:34 AM by Joffe.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Car damaged by cyclist - Garthorne Road - Joffe - 20-01-2012 11:33 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car Damaged on Kemble Road Erekose 1 4,935 24-05-2013 09:29 AM
Last Post: Erekose
  Damaged phone box in Brockley Road simonj 0 3,312 03-03-2008 11:15 AM
Last Post: simonj