SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
preschool
chantelle

11-01-2012 06:09 PM

hi, building on the nursery thread, i wonder if anyone has recommendations for preschool? we moved into the area a few months ago and my now 3.5 year old son still hasn't taken up his free 15 hours. Our two local schools (Stillness and Dalmain) have long waiting lists so I figure we'll have to go private. Maybe it's a long shot that there even any vacancies going but we are flexible on days and hours as I am currently on maternity leave.

I tried the council to get a list of all the local preschools but they and no one else have actually proved able to supply that. I seem to be finding all sorts of random ones such as St Saviours and Seedlings - guess I have to hit the phones, but anyone happen to know of any preschools with vacancies?!
many thanks for any help!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shimmysister

11-01-2012 10:30 PM

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/early-years-and...ldcare-ins

I think this is the right page......you put in your postcode and then all the nurseries and other childcare providers come up in the search that are closest to you. You can read the oftsed reports ( with a pinch of salt) as well. Hope this is useful.

clrky501

12-01-2012 07:30 PM

Try Chelwood House nursery school Norbert Rd-its Brockley but not too far if you drive.Excellent pre-school and may have vacancies

chantelle

12-01-2012 11:09 PM

thanks to both of you. i did try ofsted but it seemed to leave out a lot of providers i do know exist and mainly just had the school ones. i will take a look at chelwood, noticed there was a flier up in jam circus suggesting they might have vacancies ...

rmurraywest

13-01-2012 10:04 AM

Busy as Bees, which is at St Saviour's, has a good rep amongst the Dalmain mums

chantelle

18-01-2012 08:31 PM

thanks! (once again). Busy as Bees does have space, hubby had a look around yesterday, and our son is going tomorrow for his first session. mission accomplished! (knock on wood)

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields