SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Lewisham borough a vibrant place to live - it's official
Cellar Door

12-04-2008 07:01 AM

admin wrote:
Enough already Rolleyes

Bravo, admin.

Both of our dear forum users in this dust-up obviously have something in them that needs to be heard. I?d be reluctant to see their, or anyone else?s, squabbling expulsed so that it becomes sniper fire from the sides. So, I propose that a new fourth section be created to allow our asinine personalities to be expressed. A space where we have permission to be more authentic. And also to be a bit more creative.

Maybe you have been wondering why, lately, our forum can sometimes be a touch pedestrian, when our neighbours on the East Dulwich Forum are often travelling in the fast lane with their volume of postings. I certainly have.

Could it be the structure, in part, that limits this site in activity? (And don?t think I haven?t noticed some of you from here descending from The Hill and popping up in the shadow lands of the East Dulwich Forum!)

This new section could well have benefits for you, admin. How would does this sound as a tool for you to use to ring-fence the bickering when it inevitably occurs? And a nice defence I would imagine, if things came to that, as users would clearly know what was lurking in this section. And that is silliness. Similar to the wonderful space on the East Dulwich Forum called "The Lounge". It?s simple-minded, it?s inane, it?s unreasonable and it?s fun. I need a bit of that in my ?Ground Hog Day? life. And it?s heavily used by them. (BTW, one of my favourite threads in "The Lounge" is Quiet room...)

I observe that the East Dulwich Forum Team (is it Mark?) send threads to "The Lounge" when they have evaluated them to be inappropriate for the other sections. Users sometimes remark that a thread has been ?Lounged? with raised eyebrows! And recently I've observed that, similarly, on your site that you have the functionality to slice and dice threads.

You may say that out of the current three sections on SE23.com Forum "Beyond SE23" is similar to what I?m proposing. But I've discerned since I joined that forum users use it for more practical purposes. Maybe it's because this section is location titled and hence focused. That is, topics that aren't SE23 might be SE22 for example. There is no doubt, I will confess, that out of the three sections this is closest to what I'm proposing. Though not quite.

admin, if you think this has merit and you?re looking for a title then may I be the first to propose one? I've played around with the fact that SE23.com has a tag line of "The community website for Forest
Hill and Honor Oak..." so maybe "The Clearing" or "The Jungle". I quite fancy "The Clearing" because of the double meaning for when things need to be aired. And when things take a turn for the worse, then duels were fought in an open area, were they not?

If my proposal meets with success, then maybe we could have nominations for a name and then a vote. Just in time to get our voting muscle stretched for the upcoming election for Mayor.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Lewisham borough a vibrant place to live - it's official - Cellar Door - 12-04-2008 07:01 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lewisham live-garden waste recycling juels 11 10,063 11-05-2016 02:24 PM
Last Post: dlf75