SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
What would perfect Forest Hill?
sydenhamcentral

31-12-2011 01:59 PM

Nowhere is perfect for everyone.

But places change and businesses come and go. Wish lists like this can be useful for people thinking of investing in an area as often some ideas of what people really want float to the top.

The new cafes, especially st davids and the funky gift shops have given the area a real boost.

I presume you are joking about having a statue of Sir Steve Bullock in Forest Hill Robin? Surely there must be someone more deserving from the past rather than a current politician!! Leslie Howard perhaps, or Boris Karloff, maybe Frederick John Horniman (if there isn't one already) or any of the many other more worthy people who seemed to have inhabited Forest Hill.

I think Forest Hill needs to decide what it wants to be. Is it a general high street, is it a supermarket under many roofs, is it a place where you get stuff you cant get anywhere else, it is a nice place to visit to buy thing to treat yourself, is it full of designer makers, or local produce or mass market and brands? Angling it towards one of these is the key to the future of any high street. It can still cater for all but the perception will be for one particular thing which will draw in people from outside like another high street I wont mention.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
What would perfect Forest Hill? - GLH - 28-12-2011, 11:45 PM
RE: What would perfect Forest Hill? - roz - 30-12-2011, 05:19 PM
RE: What would perfect Forest Hill? - roz - 30-12-2011, 05:55 PM
RE: What would perfect Forest Hill? - roz - 30-12-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: What would perfect Forest Hill? - sydenhamcentral - 31-12-2011 01:59 PM