SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Power cut around station
ChrisR

13-12-2011 04:24 PM

There has been a power cut this afternoon affecting a lot of the shops on the station side of Dartmouth Road. The result is many of them are closed including WH Smith which of course means no Post Office either!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ForestHillMonkey

13-12-2011 04:42 PM

Hi,

does anyone know if the power back on yet?

I am out with kids at the moment, wondering if we should eat out somewhere rather than head home.

Thanks.

Sherwood

15-12-2011 09:12 AM

I caught the 12.36 from London Bridge last night. When we arrived at forest hill there was no lighting on the station. Very dangerous!

Baboonery

15-12-2011 11:19 AM

The power went off again at 2330, as a team turned up and started work at a hole in the pavement about 20 yards past Boots. This is the same spot that caused a lot of the power cuts/fluttering supply that the station end of Dartmouth Road suffered about three years ago.

As I'm moving house at the moment I was able to decamp to my new flat in another part of FH, which while not really furnished yet, at least has electricity. I knew that overlap would come in handy.

Also, of course, with the power to the station being off, anyone who touched in at the other end of their journey might get a nasty surprise...

Deano

17-12-2011 07:16 AM

Maybe the extensive Christmas lights overloaded the circuit.

rbmartin

17-12-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:
Also, of course, with the power to the station being off, anyone who touched in at the other end of their journey might get a nasty surprise...

There was a similar power cut at FH station in 2010 when the bridge wasn't open which turned off the lights and the gates on Perry Vale.

Yet they had power on Platform 1 and the ticket office, so they let me touch out using those gates.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields