SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Wine Swines
Johnc

17-12-2011 09:34 AM

The new wine swines term will be starting up on Thursday 12th Jan

The WINE SWINES is an
exciting, lively and interesting
wine class
meeting in the function room of
Question Bar in Forest Hill, SE23
From 7.30 – 9.30pm on Thursdays.

The term runs for 10 sessions with a half term break. Approx cost is about £80 for the term, which covers the cost of the venue and between £5 and £7 per session to cover the cost of the wines on show and cheese and crackers.

The philosophy is very much one of 'learning by doing'; i.e. 'understanding by tasting' and of enjoying this learning process. To this end we will sample 9 - 11 wines each week.

The program is not quite finalised but normally for the post christmas term each session concentrates on a country or significant wine region.

Classes are very laid back. I have been attending for about 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute. New members are always welcome and if anyone is interested, please PM me with an e-mail address and I will pass this on to the course tutor to provide more details.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
edchemgang

19-12-2011 10:06 PM

Hi there,

I am keen to hear more about the wine course, I am a bit of vinophile myself after living in france and spain and I was planning on doing some classes i london but since this is more local I hope it would also help me to get to know some of the locals as I am a new resident here.

Looking forward to hear from you,

All the Best,

Mark Fields

Johnc

01-01-2012 06:28 PM

WineSwines does have its own blog site, which is a bit out of date but gives more details of what we covered last term and some of the wines that were tasted

http://thewineswines.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields