SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Poll: would you like to alternative options to save Forest Hill Pools and Louise House
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Save Forest Hill Pools
sydenhamcentral

22-03-2008 02:15 PM

Regarding the building, in general lewisham build stuff like this:    

or this:

New flats generally now look like this:

Or this:

Laban centres are not very common (and the laban centre didn't have much to do with Lewisham, most funding came from the arts council). At a time when most sports spending is going to the olympics, I would suggest that cost is a major proviso in the replacement/renovation of the pools.

Think how much money the council has already spent on meetings and bottled water!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
forest_hill_billie

24-03-2008 05:44 PM

I've just been advised that Lewisham Council are working to an early program of demolition of the entire site. Crying

Having just read the final report of the LBL Leisure Investment Strategy Review, dated December 2004, which was written by Capita Consulting I am extremely concerned as it states:

Quote:
3.5.3 With regard to the development of a new Pool Strategy for Lewisham, we feel that consideration should be given as to whether the pools at Forest Hill are necessary in view of the overlapping catchment area and the fact that it is unlikely to be possible to carry out a cost-effective refurbishment of the building while addressing the structural, plant and design issues involved in extending its life. However, if adverse effects on the swimming programme are to be avoided, any closure could only take place after completion of the Downham Pool and, ideally, replacement of the Ladywell Leisure Centre. The wet area at The Bridge has recently been refurbished and extended and it is not envisaged that further work will be required at this site.

I am now sceptical that, in the end, we will have any swimming facilities in Forest Hill . . . . .

sydenhamcentral

24-03-2008 09:38 PM

I actually went inside the pools today. They are open (a door was was left wide open around the back, no-one seemed to be in there). Not only are they still full of water apparently (I didn't get to the main pool bit), but they are heated. It was hot in there.

Not sure why they still have water, apparently its because they are leaking (yeah, I'm confused about that too). But even stranger is why they are heated!

Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Pools Cllr Sophie Davis 1 4,053 11-02-2019 02:08 PM
Last Post: StuartG
  Forest Hill Pools Documentary hillview 0 2,881 06-01-2019 10:14 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Thefts from Forest Hill Pools Gym Lockers Tina 4 6,503 14-09-2018 09:25 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Forest Hill Assembly - Saturday 11 March , 1.30 – 3.30 pm at The Forest Hill Pools Cllr Paul Upex 0 3,143 07-03-2017 11:02 AM
Last Post: Cllr Paul Upex
  Forest Hill Pools Slipper Baths localbigwig 0 3,435 23-02-2016 06:54 PM
Last Post: localbigwig
  Forest Hill Pools roz 2,074 2,001,800 18-12-2015 06:14 PM
Last Post: rymerster
  Face lift of block before Forest Hill Pools Cheeky 3 7,476 23-06-2014 01:39 PM
Last Post: digime