SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pigeons s**t in front of Finches Ski
Gep

23-10-2011 05:02 PM

Am I the only one to have noticed a layer of pigeons s**t on the pavement in front of the Finches Ski?

Nothing against the pigeons (ok that's a lie, I do hate them!), but that's the first thing of Forest Hill to greet visitors when they come out of the train station.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tinkerbell

23-10-2011 05:15 PM

I'll swap you 10 pigeons for 1-2 of the muggers apparently now greeting visitors at HOP station. Rolleyes

goater

24-10-2011 10:40 AM

Pigeons seem to love sitting above that shop, the ledges above are always full of them. Oddly it seems that the flat/rooms above the shop are not occupied, which might have something to do with it.

Londondrz

24-10-2011 11:49 AM

Can we train the pigeons to poo on the muggers?

Tinkerbell

24-10-2011 02:30 PM

Excellent idea, let's make the best use of our recession-hit resources. May I also suggest that we could train these pigeons to poo on:

a. Any dog pooping on the streets of SE23. Poo the poopers.

b. The new Domino's delivery mopeds in HOP. (special stage II training of pigeons required for the task, we don't want them to accidentally hit say the parked car of an estate agent or the Honor Oak Guitar Man while he's belting out his favourite tune at the station entrance)

c. Any common criminal, benefit fraud or general lowlife deemed fit to stand trial and be convicted by Brian (special stage III training of pigeons plus a C&G required for this task, only the most clever pigeons may be selected for this). Why waste taxpayer's money on old-fashioned methods such as caning, stoning or public execution (clearly favoured by certain sections of the SE23 forum), when this is so much cheaper.

(ok, back to work then, clearly too much time on my hands today...)

Londondrz

25-10-2011 10:20 AM

TB, can we amend section C. To have the pigeons poo on the crims WHILE they are in stocks.

Gep

27-10-2011 04:16 PM

Ok let's train the pigeons for useful tasks... anything as long as they are moved from that place, it's getting more disgusting by the day.

I'm REALLY surprised the owners of the Finches shop are not taking any action: up until now I thought it was the best shop on this side of the station. Now the only reason to go anywhere near it is to buy a skateboard so you don't have to walk on THAT pavement!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields