SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dog Fouling on Trilby Road
Tetley

10-10-2011 02:44 PM

Hi.

I've lived on Trilby Road for almost ten years now, and dog fouling is a problem that happens to crop up every now and again. Recently, it has become even more of a problem than before. There was a mountain next to our house the other day which has since been played about in. Last year, someone got their dog to defecate on our doorstep, and I had to clean up more dog mess that was on our porch a couple of weeks ago!

What's being done about this? I've never been to any of the neighbourhood watch meetings; never know when they're on (and I always reckoned I'd feel left out being a 20 y/o).

Can anything be done about this? Forest Hill is a nice place to walk and enjoy the day, but the dog mess really ruins it.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mgmonkey

11-10-2011 12:15 PM

http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4139

Very long previous discussion can be found here.

sillytilly

17-10-2011 10:37 AM

Hello, I also live on Trilby. Are you sure it isn't the foxes? We have had poo near our doorstep and front garden as well. At the moment we do seem to have about 6 foxes living along the back alley between Trilby and Vestris (you may have heard them at night!). They took to drinking our milk from the milkman for a while (We now have a box)... which was not really a bit deal but the poo is gross!

Sassy

17-10-2011 02:41 PM

I never thought of the foxes! Opened my blinds one morning to see a fox on my decking - don't know which of us was more alarmed. It did jump over the back fence, but they haven't left any deposits in the garden, but Trilby Road is really disgusting! Mad

bigmacca1

17-10-2011 07:08 PM

certaintly agree about the -hit on the pavements on trilby,lived on the street for years and never known it as bad, if the stupid people stopped feeding the foxes they would fend for there selfs elsewhere and the street would be cleaner , and we wouldnt have to put up with the screaming in the middle of the night from the noisy pests??

Tetley

18-10-2011 06:22 PM

Ah. Never thought it would be foxes. The screaming is really annoying. I know people like to leave fruits and things out there for them. I wish they wouldn't; it's not nice for the rest of us...

sillytilly

19-10-2011 09:25 AM

I SO wish they wouldn't - also means mice and rats decide it's a good idea to hang about as well which is even more annoying!

shzl400

20-10-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:
people like to leave fruits and things

Foxes aren't really noted as fruit eaters. Maybe the fruit is attracting the mice/rats, which in turn attract their natural predators, the foxes. You should be grateful that they both keep vermin down and clean up after all those who are careless with their chicken takeaways. If the population of either were reduced, then the fox population would follow.

Our neighbours do put food out and have a regular fox clientele. They have cats too, and there's no conflict. The whole family enjoys watching the foxes playing and sunbathing on our lawn and apart from the track through our flowerbeds which is the path they use across the garden (woe betide if you try to plant anything there), we suffer few ill effects.

Instead of venting your spleen on those who feed foxes, how about those who overfill their wheely bins, and leave bin bags out as temptation to the foxes to strew rubbish all over the street (the other side neighbour!)

michael

20-10-2011 01:03 PM

There was a recent story about a fox that made a terrible mess in central London. The government eventually took action and yesterday he returned to the House and apologised.

Londondrz

20-10-2011 02:40 PM

Thumbsup

Tetley

24-10-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:
Instead of venting your spleen on those who feed foxes, how about those who overfill their wheely bins, and leave bin bags out as temptation to the foxes to strew rubbish all over the street (the other side neighbour!)

I hear what you're saying, but it's annoying. We never overfill our wheelie bins but we live right next to one of the alleyways so this means our house becomes a dumping ground for the foxes (saw more mess outside our door today). If people want to feed them then fine, just make sure it stays near their own homes so others don't get caught up in it.

And the people who overfill their wheelie bins just need reminding about recycling--something which can be more easily solved than a family of foxes roaming the streets. I don't even have a problem with foxes--I just don't like having to clean up their mess on the porch.

Prampusher

09-11-2011 09:42 PM

not for nothing that the alley way from Trilby road to Perrymount School is called dog poo alley in our house. There is a big difference between fox poo and dog poo - quite literally! fox poo is generally darker and smaller and not left in such great quantities. Dog poo is pretty obvious as the colour is lighter and clearly the bigger the dog, the bigger the deposit!

I have complained to the Council about dog mess on the corner of Shipman Road, and they say that when someone reports a problem they will come and clean it up. But otherwise, it's not their duty to regularly clean it up. I love dogs and there are some very responsible dog owners in our street, but there are others who obviously cant be bothered to clear up after their pooches. I have never actually seen anyone walking a dog which fouled the pavement - perhaps they get up especially early to do this?!

dbboy

09-11-2011 11:46 PM

It's not just Trilby Road this happens on, If you are the inconsiderate dog owner/walker on Canonbie, PLEASE pick up and dispose of your dogs poo, it seems you must drag your dog along as it's dropping is poo leaving a track of it olong the pavement. I am fed up with clearing it away and it's @@@@@@@ disgusting to stop being so inconsiderate, you will be caught, reported and fined!!!!!!!!!!

Snazy

10-11-2011 01:39 PM

I have to admit, as a regular walker of these roads with my dogs, I have to agree that the amount of poop is shocking. Even my poor little hounds bound over it when then come across any. Any mine makes is cleaned up.

I watched a guy the other day walking past the barbers by the Westbourne Cafe, his Staf stopped, dropped a load, the guy watched, tugged the lead and walked on.... I dont know what goes through these peoples heads! Confused

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2 bikes stolen from Trilby Road Fozza865 0 3,131 14-11-2016 08:27 PM
Last Post: Fozza865
  Mugging in the alley between Sunderland and Trilby Road Dan77 2 5,186 14-11-2016 10:01 AM
Last Post: BigED
  Crime Alert Message - robbery between Sunderland Road and Trilby Road Tim Lund 28 33,378 02-12-2014 04:33 PM
Last Post: Snazy
  Orc work in Trilby Road Erekose 4 6,699 28-11-2013 08:45 PM
Last Post: Erekose
  Anti-social behaviour in Trilby Road area sillytilly 82 77,398 10-10-2012 08:53 PM
Last Post: Tomcat
  Traffic on Trilby Road Muss 2 5,092 06-09-2011 08:11 PM
Last Post: Erekose