SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Building plot by the back of Sainsburys
ForestJon

06-10-2011 10:27 AM

I found this last night on Rightmove – it’s the plot of land carved out of a garden that backs on to Pearcefield Avenue. I had wondered what was happening there:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-pr...02528.html

It’s a small plot, but I have to say I think it’s somewhat of a bargain. £280k all in for a 3 bed house in that location is damn good value.

What do the rest of you think?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

06-10-2011 06:59 PM

I think having to endure large lorries thundering past several times a day plus the comings and goings of a busy car park and bottle bank might be whats making it good value....

Fish Face

07-10-2011 09:11 AM

Why would you put the bathroom on the ground floor in a brand new development?!

michael

07-10-2011 09:16 AM

I thought this was meant to be a conversion rather than a demolition. Don't you need different permission for demolition in a conservation area?

blushingsnail

07-10-2011 09:40 AM

The planning application definitely refers to "alteration and conversion of the coach house/former garage workshop". So why has the building disappeared?? What are the implications for a new owner if the existing planning permission can't be carried out?

Fish Face

07-10-2011 11:49 AM

Interesting! Maybe that's why it's going 'cheap'!

Another couple of off-putting features:

5) The window to be installed in bedroom 3 at the rear of the first floor of the building shall be fitted and maintained permanently in obscured glazing before first occupation of the building.

7) Before any works are commenced on site, details of a suitable obscure-glazed screen to be erected on the southern edge of the proposed first-floor deck shall be submitted to the local planning authority. The obscure-glazed screen required by this condition shall be provided in accordance with the approved details before the residential property hereby permitted is first occupied and retained permanently thereafter, unless the local planning authority agrees in writing to any variation.

Bit depressing having a frosted bedroom window in 5).
Also, I'd be interested to know how high the screen in 7) will be. Over 6ft?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  building work round the back of new Sainsbury's in HOP Cheeky 0 3,144 13-06-2013 02:10 PM
Last Post: Cheeky