SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
losing Hope updated........
prettiep

11-10-2011 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

I sent a message about my lost cat a little while back but basically lost hope and haven't bothered to continue the search however i got a call from someone who thinks they might have seen him in nunhead cemetary.

I have kept an eye open but didnt realise until now thats its possible nunhead cemetary goes all the way to Benchley Gardens in Honor Oak.

If anyone walks through there or takes there dogs for a walk round there could you please please keep and eye out for him.

If he does come up to you and by any chance you manage to keep hold of him as unlikely as that maybe there will be a monetary reward. However a quick call or email to say if you have seen him and where will be gratefully received.

Thanks in Advance Smile

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spud

11-10-2011 12:40 PM

Hi there - it's probably a good idea to use this thread to remind people what your cat looks like, just in case they haven't seen the other thread (I hadn't). Maybe you could attach a photo?

Best of luck with your search for him.

prettiep

11-10-2011 01:08 PM

Oh hey thanks for that I thought I had added a pic lets try again

Attached File(s)
.pdf File  Prince LR.pdf (Size: 333.26 KB / Downloads: 422)
Cellar Door

13-10-2011 01:57 PM

prettiep wrote:
…didnt realise until now thats its possible nunhead cemetary goes all the way to Benchley Gardens in Honor Oak.

Hello prettiep,

Firstly, I’m sorry to hear that your cat is still missing.

I will keep my eye out for him as I ride my cycle in the morning and evening to and from work and sometimes take Brenchley Gardens (going past Camberwell New Cemetery), Brockley Way, Athenlay Road and Ivydale Road (close to Nunhead Cemetery).

What confuses me every so slightly is the part of your post that I have quoted above. I’m now wondering which of the two cemeteries you might mean?

That is, Nunhead Cemetery is about a third of a mile away from Brenchley Gardens. Camberwell New Cemetery is actually on Brenchley Gardens.

I observe from your original post on the first thread that you said you live on East Dulwich Road. So, both cemeteries are sort of a similar cat walk away. With Nunhead Cemetery being a little bit closer.

Have a look at this Google Map showing both cemeteries and let me know which cemetery it is. Oh, with the third Cemetery (Camberwell Old Cemetary) being on there near the southern end of Brenchley Gardens (just to add to my cemetery confusion!)

Nunhead Cemetery is a great location for a cat to live considering the amount of natural fauna to eat and the plentiful living space in some of the fallen in graves and easily accessible catacombs. If I were a cat, then that’d be my favoured cemetery.

Anyway, whichever cemetery it is I’ll be very vigilant and if I see him I’ll report back here. Good luck and I hope he turns up very soon. It’s not unheard of to happen.

prettiep

13-10-2011 02:10 PM

Hey Cellar Door,

Thank you for reading my post and responding. The cemetery my cat was supposedly in the was Nunhead cemetery. I only said its possible it go's up to Benchley gardens as it is 52 acres of land!

However I spoke to some workmen in there who told me there is a small congregation of cats that have what seems to be a morning/breakfast meeting around 6.30/7am. One of them being a small ginger cat like mine. Unfortunately I saw the cat they were talking about and he wasn't mine.

But that's not to say i wouldn't mind everyone still keeping an eye out for him and if you see any furry little creatures that look like my cat by all means get in touch.
Thank you for the geography lesson you certainly know your cemetery's.......be that good or bad lol!!

x

roz

13-10-2011 08:46 PM

I don't know if it helps, but cats are usually very fickle creatures who whilst liking their home and owners would be happy to have a look at fresh fields now and then. My female cat used to go off for a week every summer for many years. One of my friends cats went missing and turned up over a year later 70 miles away. I suspect he fell into a van or something but he was unharmed and although a bit feral, returned to being the cuddly friendly cat that he always was.
It doesn't necessarily mean that something bad has happened to your pet- just something different. Its still fairly warm for autumn so he may be out on an extended mousing trip as theres plenty of wildlife out and about still.

prettiep

14-10-2011 07:58 AM

it does help actually quite a lot. I think the main thing for me as i'd like to think/know he is ok so thank you for your positive words.

x

Cellar Door

14-10-2011 10:36 AM

prettiep wrote:
…so thank you for your positive words.

Agreed. I resonate with your thoughts, Roz, around this highly probable field trip.

I remember back on the farm that my Mum’s various cats would nick off for weeks and sometimes months, then out of nowhere they’d appear looking a bit dusty but well fed.

As a kid I truly believed that all cats had the ability of the Cheshire Cat and could appear and disappear at will. With the smile being the first and last thing you see of them. Often in trees. So, I’ll look up high for him when I’m cycling past the cemeteries.

prettiep

14-10-2011 10:49 AM

ahhhhhhhhh thanks you guysThumbsup

prettiep

17-10-2011 07:37 AM

Guess what everyone................. I found him!

He didn't actually come home i found him on Melbourne Grove which isn't a million miles away! He was spotted by my dad of all people. I say that because he hasn't got he best eye sight lol. He has been hanging around there for a while in peoples gardens (prince not my dad ;-)) so I was told and I went back early in the morning the next day called a few times, out he popped and came running up to me.

Im over the moon!!

Thank you so so much to everyone who kept their eye out for him and sent words of encouragement to me it really is appreciated.
Just goes to show what a fab forum we have!

Please if anyone is missing their cat do not lose hope! Prince had been gone for 2 months! so just stay positive.

Smile)

michael

17-10-2011 08:02 AM

That's great news. Very pleased for you and Prince.

mgmonkey

17-10-2011 05:44 PM

Greta news!

mgmonkey

17-10-2011 05:45 PM

*great

Jane_D

17-10-2011 09:37 PM

Brilliant news!

prettiep

18-10-2011 07:43 AM

thanks everyone x

OakR

18-10-2011 06:37 PM

Congratulations!

seeformiles

18-10-2011 10:05 PM

Lovely news - very pleased to hear a happy ending.

:-)

Cellar Door

21-10-2011 12:37 PM

seeformiles wrote:
…very pleased to hear a happy ending.

Absolutely. This is a modern day fairy tale right in our neighbourhood.

I can hear, in my mind, the sweet voice of prettiep singing Snow White’s classic “Some Day My Prince Will Come” as she forlornly looks out of the window of her thatched cottage on the other side of Forest Hill. And then there he was. (Albeit, around the corner lurking in Melbourne Grove.)

I’m so pleased for you prettiep and Prince. And thank goodness for your Dad spotting him.

Another happy ending.

prettiep

23-10-2011 01:29 PM

ahhh yes i live in one of the many thatched cottages on east dulwich road and all my 7 dwarfs searching for him day and night!

A lovely pretty and romantic spin on the end of my very happy ending.

Thumbsup

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields