SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
We want to buy a house in Honor Oak
shimmysister

13-11-2011 08:01 PM

Having looked at several ofsted reports ( not the be all and end all) I agree that all the schools pretty much in Honor Oak score highly. For us, we chose one school in particular as its near the train station, near green space and would work for us on a practical level. Another important consideration was not just the academic achievement of the school but the general ambience of the school and its own access to green space as it feels kind of scary sending a 4 1/2 year old in to a school environment and you want to feel there is some nice play space to ease the transition! I guess its all down to what individually feels right for your family and the personalities of your kids. Its not just about ofsted ratings.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rmurraywest

13-11-2011 08:31 PM

Jane2, I couldn't agree more. I know children at most of the local primaries. All happy, all thriving. All parents are firmly convinced that "our school" is the best in the area! Which is fantastic really, but probably not that much use if you're looking for an unbiased opinion.

chantelle

14-11-2011 09:31 AM

shimmy - it sounds like you are going for Stillness. We are quite keen on it too for our son starting next year - but then I visited Dalmain and was really impressed by the head teacher and ethos of the school. really torn now as we too are in both catchments! (hopefully)

Joffe

14-11-2011 03:22 PM

Chantelle - what is the ehtos of the school? Would be interested to know more!

shimmysister

22-11-2011 09:31 PM

Haven't completed the admissions form yet. I think I will pay a visit to Dalmain as it sounds like the overall ethos might be better for us too! Its such a hard decision but if we are happy with either Dalmain or Stillness thats a pretty good position to be in.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields