SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Postal problems
Sherwood

22-09-2011 05:07 PM

Just put them back in the pillar box. That means that the postie has to carry them twice if they are delivered to the wrong address.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnnyb7

22-09-2011 08:02 PM

no post for three days, then TWO (2) DELIVERIES IN ONE DAY.

No apologies for the capital letters

Baytree

23-09-2011 08:48 AM

Thanks for all your input. Well, 19 days after it was sent, one of my documents has arrived. The other one (which was sent earlier and contained a cheque from my solicitor) is still AWOL.

I too have not received any post for the past 5 days, now maybe I am unloved, but you thought some bill would have at least found its way to my door at some point during the week.

Since this seems to be a problem for quite a few people - I feel I should raise this with someone. Royal Mail directly?? A counsellor? My local MP? (Is this going too far).

dbboy

23-09-2011 08:55 AM

Suggest contacting the Sorting Office behind Forest Hill Station (Perry Vale) and having a chat with the person in charge to make them aware of the problems you are experiencing.

Erekose

25-09-2011 02:14 PM

I agree with Merlin. You should really write 'Delivered in error - please try harder' or similar.

Londondrz

27-09-2011 03:08 PM

Our post turned up at 8am this morningConfused

nottinghillbilly

09-10-2011 06:33 PM

We live on Taymount Rise, and this month I have received neither of the two magazines that I subscribe to (normally they arrive by the 3rd of the month at the latest) And a package that we've been waiting for for weeks that we assumed had not been sent, we found out today that it was sent out weeks ago but has obviously gone astray.
worryingSad

Merlin

09-10-2011 08:07 PM

I don't have your package NHB, but I do have a HB letter for someone in Devonshire Road (I live in Tyson) and even more worryingly another letter, also for them, which was supposed to be signed for but was just posted along with my mail.

I'll be hand delivering these tomorrow.

AJH

09-10-2011 08:07 PM

A letter from my solicitor with contract also has bounced back to them without ever being delivered. Not sure this is what I should expect from Royal mail though.

Sassy

17-10-2011 02:23 PM

Hmmm...interesting reading indeed. I've not had a birthday card delivered in the last two years. I even sent one to myself - didn't arrive. The cards that went missing had money in them.

I now have them delivered to my office - no problem.

Yes, I get letter for other people, and the postman doesn't appear before noon, but if the porch door is open he never just throws them on the mat, he comes in and pushes them through the main door.

Shame the only letters that don't go missing are from that very annoying "Bill Owing".

Shara

25-10-2011 04:36 PM

Same problem at Westbourne Drive (off Perry Vale) - I constantly get the letters addressed to my neighbour (the same flat number, different house number) but I don't think he/she does the same thing because at least 20% of the letters I'm expecting go missing.

Besides, once or twice a week I don't get any letters at all which I wouldn't notice if it wasn't always the same days (Wednesday and/or Thursday). Something really dodgy going on - but I'm worried that if I complain 99% of my letters will go missing..

Deano

25-10-2011 08:26 PM

I hate to say it but our postal service is pretty good and the postman is very pleasant. Apart from getting the post in the afternoon I've got nothing much to complain about.

jgdoherty

08-12-2011 07:00 PM

Found the postman kneeling at my front door this afternoon at 16:10 having posted several items through our letterbox.

On asking if I could help, he showed me one of the ubiquitous Red Forms titled Something for You (a P739 no less) which he was completing to then post through the letterbox. I made it obvious I was here and he could deliver any parcel(s) to me direct.

He then said ah - there's two mate - and they're not here - we got a big batch in from Basingstoke and we could not bring them round. I asked what size they were and if any were of the Guaranteed Delivery type (I was expecting at least one small sized one) and got the reply that he didn't know - he had not seen them. This did not prevent him from ticking the "it's too large" in the reasons section.

Asking about a re-delivery I was told that it may be some days before they would be "scheduled for re-delivery" and it would be "better" if collected them from the depot.

This practice is a repeat one of old - no attempt to make the delivery of packages in the first place and then the explicit threat printed on the card that if the package(s) are not picked up in time (a period of only one week for some types of mail), they will be returned to sender.

I can make the trip to the depot easily to pick up the packages that had not get anywhere close to my home never mind had been delivered - but I have several older neighbours to whom such an exercise would be a trial.

Yes - I will be at the depot to pick my packages tomorrow and to have a word with someone in charge.

So - Christmas and the Christmas post is with us once more - oh how I laughed and wondered if I will ever see any mail ever again.

andrewr

09-12-2011 09:58 PM

Does indeed look like the Christmas postal delivery system is with us already. Found most of my post through the letterbox today but one envelope dropped in the porch.

dita-on-tees

12-01-2012 07:17 PM

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing delays in receiving post, am assuming there is a bit of a post-Christmas backlog. I am waiting for something posted in London on Monday and still no sign... As it is the document I need to complete on my sale I am pretty anxious I get it!

nottinghillbilly

12-01-2012 09:51 PM

Yes, I'm waiting for a contract which was sent on Tuesday.Mad

Sherwood

13-01-2012 09:10 AM

My new cheque book took ages to come.

snoopy

22-01-2012 09:58 AM

We had a number of pieces of post not arrive at the end of 2011 (over a period of 3/4 months), including post from our bank, train tickets, and magazines. Suddenly, out of the blue, they arrived through the door two Sundays ago. I just wish I had seen the person who dropped them through our letterbox. Don't know if this was Royal Mail or someone who had received our post in error and took an age to come over to get them to us. A mystery that will never be solved. Very odd...

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Postal problems dita-on-tees 12 11,204 19-08-2008 08:21 AM
Last Post: Holly