SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
My favourite thing about Forest Hill is..........?
AMFM

15-09-2011 05:27 PM

One Tree Hill's a lot bigger than it looks and if you've got the right shoes on could be great as part of a nice long jog - a lot of the green spaces link up to each other with minimal contact with roads - so, you can start in One Tree Hill, make your way through Brenchley gardens - cut up through some quiet resi (but hilly) streets and then through the Horniman Gardens and across into Dulwich and Sydenham Woods.

Equally, I suspect most of us mean proximity to decent green space (at least, I consider Dulwich Park, Peckham Rye Park and Chrystal Palace Park to be local to me even though I live a mile or two away from all three).

And let's not forget the absolutely brilliant Waterlink Way which runs behind the Bell Green Sainsburys (although possibly not SE23). Have spotted several herons there over the summer. Some great brambling to be had and there are a number of plum trees along the way but I'm not telling you where or there'll be none left for me next year (all gone this year). And there is the most gloriously fruit laden apple tree at Lower Sydenham Station with every single apple tantalisingly beyond reach.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: My favourite thing about Forest Hill is..........? - AMFM - 15-09-2011 05:27 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  That thing opposite Sainsburys? Jane_D 8 8,998 04-08-2014 07:08 PM
Last Post: upthehill