SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
letting out rooms for the Olympics
roz

28-08-2011 10:41 AM

We are thinking of letting out a room for the Olympics; its a nice opportunity to make a bit of money for a short period. There are various websites up and running that seem to be doing this but they are all a bit faceless and I wouldn't want to trust them therefore. Does anyone know of any reliable source or agency who are doing this? Apparently there is a huge demand for accommodation for many weeks leading up to the event for journalists and people involved in the event but there is still a demand. Price seem to be extortionate with Premier Inns charging £200 per night for a room that is usually £39. I've seen two double rooms in Beckenham being advertised for £1200 per week to sleep 4 which I think is crazy so wondered who is setting the benchmark for these prices. Can people really afford these prices or are we at risk of losing business in the capital by excessive greed?

We all could do with a bit of cash but I'd rather have some decent people staying who are happy with the deal rather than anyone p**sed off by being ripped off.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sydenhamhiller

29-08-2011 10:57 AM

We've been wondering the same thing Roz - good thread to post, look forward to replies....

NewForester

30-08-2011 05:35 AM

I would have thought you had read this Guardian article
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2010/aug...g-property
Wink

Scootagal

06-09-2011 01:10 PM

Hotels don't seem to be doing too well...but will they give in and start reducing rates...

http://www.traveldaily.co.uk/AsiaPacific...tion=23374

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields