SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Appeal to trace three Bromley suspects accused of robbing a girl near Forest Hill sta
Cellar Door

25-08-2011 12:02 PM

Thanks Michael for bringing this to our attention.

I was on holiday on Monday the 13th June and in the area around the train station at about that time.

This has been a long time in making the papers, don't you think?

My memory unfortunately doesn't have anything triggering it.

I've read the article a couple of times to get the gist of their movements and studied the CCTV image for a bit. Still nothing.

Although, I have observed an anomaly between the reported timings in the article and the data on the CCTV image.

The article says -

1. The trio boarded a train at Penge West station at about 3.43pm on the day of the robbery and then got off at Forest Hill.
2. The 15-year-old girl was robbed at about 3:55pm.
3. They then boarded a train back in the direction of Penge West station shortly afterwards.

The timing on CCTV image says 14:51:10.

Maybe the CCTV’s time has been set incorrectly?

And I’m slightly confused which CCTV it is…

The CCTV image says P1 LIFT. (I’m assuming P1 = Platform 1).

I think it is the CCTV at the Platform 2 Lift judging by the angle of the sun behind them, where the man is standing, and it being mid-June. I believe they are walking towards Platform 2 to head back to Penge West.

If so, then they do look rather calm for having allegedly just robbed a girl. The young woman in front with red hair actually looks so dour that you’d think she’s had her mobile phone robbed.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Appeal to trace three Bromley suspects accused of robbing a girl near Forest Hill sta - Cellar Door - 25-08-2011 12:02 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill has been chosen to pilot Met Trace P1971 3 4,775 30-09-2015 10:22 PM
Last Post: P1971