SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Appeal to trace three Bromley suspects accused of robbing a girl near Forest Hill sta
michael

24-08-2011 12:38 PM

From http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/...r_station/

DO YOU recognise these three girls?

They were pictured on CCTV at Forest Hill station shortly before a 15-year-old girl had her BlackBerry phone stolen.

She was robbed between the station and Forest Hill Cars cab office at about 3.55pm on June 13.

Police want to identify the three girls captured on CCTV as part of their investigation into the crime.

More at http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/...r_station/

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brian

24-08-2011 03:49 PM

Seems to be Penge/ Sydenham area if near Penge West. I agree in Boro of Bromley but not Bromley

I would not like to meet them on a dark night.
Is it just me or is a certain type of class of female getting more fat than years ago.

sandy

24-08-2011 04:01 PM

Is it just me or is a certain type of class of Brian becoming more sexist and classist these days?

brian

24-08-2011 06:21 PM

Hi Sandy
What is sexist about my remarks.

Anyway the main thing is the Police catch them quickly. Lucky they built a strong bridge.

notstoppin

24-08-2011 09:04 PM

I'm confused.... can someone please tell me

1. How many types of classes of women there are?

2. How a woman's weight is relevant to her (alleged) offending behaviour?

3. What proportion of women (of any type or class) would want to meet Brian on a dark night?

4. Why the police built a bridge?

michael

24-08-2011 09:30 PM

I can't answer the first three questions, but the last one is explained at http://www.met.police.uk/pcso/index.htm

Quote:
PCSOs engage with London’s communities, building bridges with the public.

It is important for the police to build bridges with all communities in London.

Londondrz

25-08-2011 10:01 AM

Brian may or may not make comments to everyones taste but it's interesting that people would rather slag him off than three muggers. And we wonder why the world is as it is today?Rolleyes

michael

25-08-2011 10:41 AM

Londondrz has a point. We should all find ways to insult these three suspected muggers.
Let's have Two Minutes' of Hate.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zYlOU7Fpk[/youtube]
Doesn't that make everything better?

brian

25-08-2011 10:44 AM

Thanks Londondrz.

I do try to brighten up the blogs but maybe not to everyone's taste.

The fact they are grossly overweight for young persons of the female gender ( not ladies ) is a sympton of what is wrong with modern society.

I never ceased to be amazed at the size of many in society. Usually those eating fried meals many times a day.

I am sure people were no where near as large 40 years ago.

However main point is they catch the scum and ensure they are not allowed to repeat their actions

Cellar Door

25-08-2011 11:02 AM

Thanks Michael for bringing this to our attention.

I was on holiday on Monday the 13th June and in the area around the train station at about that time.

This has been a long time in making the papers, don't you think?

My memory unfortunately doesn't have anything triggering it.

I've read the article a couple of times to get the gist of their movements and studied the CCTV image for a bit. Still nothing.

Although, I have observed an anomaly between the reported timings in the article and the data on the CCTV image.

The article says -

1. The trio boarded a train at Penge West station at about 3.43pm on the day of the robbery and then got off at Forest Hill.
2. The 15-year-old girl was robbed at about 3:55pm.
3. They then boarded a train back in the direction of Penge West station shortly afterwards.

The timing on CCTV image says 14:51:10.

Maybe the CCTV’s time has been set incorrectly?

And I’m slightly confused which CCTV it is…

The CCTV image says P1 LIFT. (I’m assuming P1 = Platform 1).

I think it is the CCTV at the Platform 2 Lift judging by the angle of the sun behind them, where the man is standing, and it being mid-June. I believe they are walking towards Platform 2 to head back to Penge West.

If so, then they do look rather calm for having allegedly just robbed a girl. The young woman in front with red hair actually looks so dour that you’d think she’s had her mobile phone robbed.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

25-08-2011 11:10 AM

Maybe we should look for them in Bexley eh Brian?

michael

25-08-2011 11:28 AM

Cellar Doors,
The caption on the image on the website does say that the time on the CCTV is incorrect. It does also look like the CCTV is from platform 2.

I think the point of the police posting this is primarily to identify these three women rather than a guess-their-weight competition. But it does ensure the thread keeps getting views and might help identify the suspects.

brian

25-08-2011 11:33 AM

IWAF

I know I am thick but where does Bexley come in ?

Cellar Door

25-08-2011 11:57 AM

michael wrote:
The caption on the image on the website does say that the time on the CCTV is incorrect.

Well observed, Michael. Now, that makes much more sense.

Brian, they might not be so “grossly overweight”. I’ve heard the camera always adds a few pounds.

gingernuts

25-08-2011 02:16 PM

Did anyone actually read the article? It is entriely possible these girls are innocent of any crime.

"They were pictured on CCTV at Forest Hill station shortly before a 15-year-old girl had her BlackBerry phone stolen.

She was robbed between the station and Forest Hill Cars cab office at about 3.55pm on June 13. "

GMPM

25-08-2011 02:19 PM

I am the mother of the girl who was robbed and would like to thank Michael for posting this thread. The girls in the photo boarded a train that my daughters and her friends were on coming home from school. My daughter and her friend got off on platform 1 and walked over the footbridge. This picture is of the girls following them. They went on to commit the robbery once they had left the station and were on Perry Vale. The CCTV has shown that they then went back onto platform 2 and got on a train going back to Penge. My daughter, although 15, is only 5 ft tall and was in school uniform. This happened in broad daylight on a busy road.

I have nothing but praise for the police who responded in number and with speed on the day and who have gone on to be thorough with the follow up of CCTV and taking of statements. I assumed that the taking of a phone from a teenager would be a very low priority.

She has always loved being independent and being able to enjoy the freedom of taking herself off all round London to enjoy this wonderful city. I am delighted to say that, although she was shaken for a few days, she has continued to make the most of everything that's on offer and has a wonderful summer.

Fortunately these girls have not taken away her zest for getting out and about or knocked her confidence but I do hope they are caught before they really cause
harm.

gingernuts

25-08-2011 02:23 PM

Glad to hear that your daughter is OK. These girls are quite distinctive, so shouldnt be too difficult to find in the area.

GMPM

25-08-2011 02:33 PM

Thank you Gingernuts.

Today is the first time we've seen the CCTV images. Up to now I had only the descriptions my daughter gave- as you say, they are distinctive.

Although the times on the film are wrong, it was very easy for the police to track back once they knew what train my daughter was on. The detective said that the station has excellent CCTV. Thanks also to Forest Hill Cars who also had CCTV of the incident.

brian

25-08-2011 03:30 PM

Glad your daughter OK and what a nasty thing to happen.

Are there Penge and Sydenham sites as if what you say is correct more likely know in those localities.

I do hope they are caught amd imprisoned soon. They look very unsavoury

sandy

25-08-2011 04:42 PM

What exactly makes them look 'unsavoury'? Is it because of the link with an alleged crime?

Questioning prejudiced comments is not 'slagging off' and does not mean that there is any condoning of the offence. It is just unclear how generalised assumptions about certain 'types' or 'classes' helps apart from contributing to a 'them' and 'us' culture.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill has been chosen to pilot Met Trace P1971 3 4,642 30-09-2015 09:22 PM
Last Post: P1971