SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Honor Oak electronics shop - disappointing
siazzah

21-02-2008 02:08 PM

Has anyone else had poor service at the electricals shop on Brockley Rise? Only last week I was on this site saying we were ready to take up arms to support local shops in Honor Oak. Unfortunately my partner's experience today shows why people prefer to shop at the big stores. Having been recommended an aerial by the shop, which clearly states digital AND analogue, he found it did not produce a good picture on analogue. Taking it back today the guy in the shop said he would not swap or refund it - Hard Luck.
Is this what we expect for service? We have used this shop before but never again. I hate to say it, but a trip to Currys is on the cards....Thumbdown

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mljay

21-02-2008 02:27 PM

Just thought I would mention something I heard from a friend who works in tv.....

since we are moving to digital transmission, they are slowly turning off/ turning down the analogue transmitters, so any analogue signals are going to decrease in quality from now on.

this may explain your problems with analogue. have you tried another antenna?

brian

21-02-2008 03:37 PM

I do not know the shop but this is very sad. Personal sevice is the one thing they have to offer

hopper

25-02-2008 12:03 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've previously had excellent service in the shop - I was assisted by a woman so perhaps it depends who's working there. She really went out of her way to be helpful and I've had no problems with the equipment I bought.

showtunesgirl

26-02-2008 11:21 AM

hopper wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've previously had excellent service in the shop - I was assisted by a woman so perhaps it depends who's working there. She really went out of her way to be helpful and I've had no problems with the equipment I bought.

Mmm, that's a shame. Adrian there is usually quite nice and helpful.

danieljon

13-03-2008 03:48 PM

He is a nice guy... but the quality of stock is not very good, really dated and massively over-priced...

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The old Honor Oak Pet Shop Cheeky 23 22,795 04-02-2013 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sparkles