SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Stanstead lodge tree felling/preservation order
Theotherbrian

18-04-2008 10:16 AM

I'm glad to see such a lively discussion on this topic as I thought I was getting cranky in my middle-age (although I am!)
I agree with the posts complaining or lamenting the loss of trees in FH. LBL seems to have no constructive policy on street trees or the like. In Dunoon Rd, Belgravia Homes felled a street tree to allow access to their development now called Montgomery Mews. Yet despite there being plenty of room, LBL did not require them to replace it - public loss for private gain. Contrast FH streets with those in neighbouring Southwark and they don't come out well - a comprehensive planting programme a couple of years ago has certainly improved those areas. We did get four trees randomly plonked in the top end of Dunoon Rd. however two seem to be dead! With so much talk about environmental issues and the importance of street trees in the urban space, LBL seems to be woefully uninterested.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Stanstead lodge tree felling/preservation order - Theotherbrian - 18-04-2008 10:16 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tree felling in Sydenham Hill Wood Theotherbrian 5 5,627 12-11-2019 02:57 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  A Talk on the History of Stanstead Lodge hillview 0 3,390 06-06-2018 06:48 AM
Last Post: hillview