SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Stanstead lodge tree felling/preservation order
SophieBee

08-04-2008 11:34 AM

shzl400 wrote:
The most recent and worrying of these was a large oak - must have been at least a couple of hundred years old. I spoke to the Lewisham council tree officer to complain, but she said that it was causing subsidence to the house next door. I hope they get heave instead - serve 'em right!

To be fair, there might have been an insurance issue if it was known that the tree was causing subsidence and they did nothing about it. It's always a shame, but I can understand why they would have done this given how expensive and disrupting it can be to deal with subsidence.

Maybe they arranged for an oak to be planted somewhere else, I think I'd probably look into doing that if I found myself in a similar situation.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Stanstead lodge tree felling/preservation order - SophieBee - 08-04-2008 11:34 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tree felling in Sydenham Hill Wood Theotherbrian 5 5,627 12-11-2019 02:57 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  A Talk on the History of Stanstead Lodge hillview 0 3,390 06-06-2018 06:48 AM
Last Post: hillview