SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
Anotherjohn

02-12-2011 08:58 PM

I'm intrigued to know how the 65 / 35 was arrived at?

If the application is clearly not in accordance with the local authority's planning policies, which are derived from government guidelines, then the Planning Inspector will have to dismiss the appeal.

As far as the Planning Inspectorate are concerned, local opposition, however many people are involved in a campaign, is immaterial unless the reasons relate to policy breaches.

It would appear that, like some of us, the landlord also rates Domino's chances of success as much lower than 35%.

Find all posts by this user
Tinkerbell

02-12-2011 09:44 PM

So, now that's sorted, can anyone open up a nice resto or pub please, I haven't sorted Xmas eve's dinner yet. Ok, wishful thinking, perhaps. But there is demand round 'ere, promise, and it ain't for soggy pizza. Smile

roadrummer

06-12-2011 01:01 PM

I received a letter from the Lewisham council planning department yesterday saying Dominos is appealing the decision to reject their planning application. So looks like this is going to another round! The letter said they're launching the appeal partly on the grounds that the Old Bank space is still sitting empty. Lets hope another suitable business can take interest in the space soon!

wayfarer

06-12-2011 01:17 PM

to appeal on the grounds that the site is "still sitting empty" is an interesting one, as it doesn't tackle the vast majority of reasons given for rejecting the planning request in the first place.

Tinkerbell

06-12-2011 06:42 PM

I was wondering about that letter, too - what I didn't quite understand, do we have to send them our objections all over again, or do the many emails/letters Se23'ers have sent count in again?

BarCar

06-12-2011 06:56 PM

The letter I got said that, if you objected in writing to the planning department at Lewisham then the inspector will see your letter. There is no need to write again although you are welcome to.

Tinkerbell

06-12-2011 11:30 PM

Thanks BarCar, that's what I was hoping.

Tersie

07-12-2011 10:28 AM

Hello All!! With regard to the recent letter some of you have received by Lewisham Planning, we are currently getting advice from planning professionals how to best respond to this. As far as we can see all letters and petitions so far have been taken into account. The response now is with regard to the appeal grounds that are listed on the letter. The final day for the Planning Inspectorate (in Bristol) to receive letters is 29th December. We will keep everyone posted on best way forward in the next couple of days. In the meantime if anyone wishing to respond via letter or email with their own observations and thoughts on the application / appeal ground feel free to do so!

BarCar

07-12-2011 05:04 PM

Local business Coopers Bakehouse is looking for premises in HOP or Crofton Park: http://www.coopersbakehouse.com/index.ph...se-needed/

They are already aware of a few local spots (old bakery at 3 HOP & the Jeyarani place) but if anything else comes to light it would be good to let them know.

michael

07-12-2011 05:38 PM

There are about 10 shops they could consider on Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill and the empty unit on Perry Vale. But good spots in HOP too - perhaps even the Old Bank.

hoona

12-12-2011 03:57 PM

According to this...

http://www.findaproperty.com/searchresul...03906&sp=2

... the old bank is let. Does that mean nobody else can get a look in until Domino's appeals?

On a separate note, the old Honor Oak Tandoori is let too. Doesn't look like it to me!!

Tinkerbell

12-12-2011 06:10 PM

I received an email from Coopers Bakehouse as well. Really hope they'll open in HOP, I for one would be a regular customer. A location on the parade would be much better - the problem with the old Betram bakery was that it did not get any daytime walk-by traffic in that location next to the Goldstar Office Furniture shop, and it was too far away from the station for people on their morning or evening commute.

psyche9

13-12-2011 08:36 PM

May I suggest that everyone who originally sent in objections does write in again - I have had several experiences that have shown me that this is very important.

It is very common for a development go through on appeal and people don't object because they feel they already have.

I actually went to a council meeting where a development was passed - there had been over 60 objections to the original plan, the plan was modified in a tiny way (as is common with these things) and it was passed; the lack of objection to the revised plans was commented on at the meeting, even though everyone I knew who'd written in still objected just as strongly. They'd been left with the impression further comment was unnecessary.

Anotherjohn

13-12-2011 09:40 PM

Hi psyche9.

That's not quite the same as with an Appeal.

The Planning Inspector will make his/her decision based ONLY on the refused application and there is no scope for the applicant to make any amendments or variations. Everything contained within the application case file - including everyones' objections - will be taken into consideration.

Tersie

16-12-2011 10:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

We (The campaign group) behind The Old Bank (along with the Forest Hill Society) are responding to Dominos planning application appeal. As part of this process we are collecting relevant information and data, that we feel will strengthen the likelihood of their appeal being turned down. We would be grateful if everyone could fill in this survey before Tuesday close of play - please use link below.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SB9L225

Many Thanks for all your help!!

Cheeky

16-12-2011 11:11 AM

Well done on this Tersie and thanks for all your efforts and also anyone else invoved. Can I ask though why there is not a tick box for a decent 'pub' along the lines of Jam Circus/Dartmouth Arms? Or a space for people to write their preferred choice against 'other'?

This is something I feel is missing from the area and what The Old Bank is crying out to be, (in my opinion of course).

Any effort which is made to oppose Domino's taking the building over and altering the face and direction of our highstreet is good by me though so please don't feel i'm knocking the survey.

I'll maybe talk about my preference for a decent supermarket (local/metro) on the other side of road that would offer a decent shopping experience ...and no doubt a free cash machine thrown in to boot in another thread Smile

Tersie

16-12-2011 02:00 PM

Hi Cheeky,

Just pop that in as 'other' on there. If you want to put any notes on what you would like to see feel free to add them at the end - where you put you name.

Cheers!

Bcm

29-12-2011 04:21 PM

I've submitted the official campaign response to the appeal by email (today is the final date for responses) so now we just have to wait and see. If the appeal is rejected we can then hopefully set about proactively finding a suitable tennant for the site. Thanks to all who have helped us with this effort, in particular the FHS. Fingers crossed!

hoona

30-12-2011 01:34 PM

Thanks Bcm. Could someone please explain something... will no other offers for the Old Bank be considered during this appeal process or can others put a bid in? Thanks.

Tersie

30-12-2011 01:37 PM

The Old Bank is back on the market and offers would be considered. The landlord of course are keeping options open as the appeal is likely to be turned down...well we hope so!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields