SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
hoona

11-11-2011 02:02 PM

Any news? I thought the decision was being made on 7th November...

Find all posts by this user
hopper

11-11-2011 02:13 PM

I see agents of Domino’s have been ripping the posters off the Old Bank again …

BarCar

14-11-2011 11:09 AM

Changes at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=64364 from last week:

- Status is now "Pending" (was "Registered")
- New case officer assigned
- Another petition registered
- Somebody responded in favour

Tersie

14-11-2011 11:55 PM

Yes the decision is pending - it has been taken on by a new officer as the previous one (who we met when we handed in the petitions) has had to leave suddenly due to ill health. The application is currently being reviewed and we are expecting a decision soon!! Fingers crossed. A group of us are having a meeting with Domino's directors on 24th November, will keep you posted on any developments and outcome of meeting.

Tersie

14-11-2011 11:56 PM

Yes posters have been ripped down quite a few times now - they will be replaced again very soon!! Thumbup

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

15-11-2011 09:21 AM

What's the legality of fly-posting the building?

BarCar

15-11-2011 10:01 AM

I thought it would be interesting to geocode the objections from the planning application. Here's the picture in the immediate surroundings:

Joffe

15-11-2011 01:56 PM

This map shows there are more people in the surrounding streets that haven't opposed a Dominoes in the building than there are those that have. No to dominoes is a minority view in that respect.

Even Lordship Lane has a Dominoes.

BarCar

15-11-2011 02:14 PM

How many of these mythical Dominos fans have written to support the planning application? One.

Lordship Lane has many times more retail space than the HOP parade.

Joffe

15-11-2011 02:23 PM

What I said is that they haven't opposed it - which is different from feeling strongly enough about it to write in support of it. I haven't written to support any planning application ever. But I use lots of shops.

brian

15-11-2011 02:51 PM

Is one Pizza shop that important in the scheme of things.

BarCar

15-11-2011 02:57 PM

For me, in the scheme of "shops on Honor Oak parade". Yes, it is.

brian

15-11-2011 03:01 PM

Have you seen the parade of shops by Clockhouse Station? The you would have just cause.
Just think rather a lot of fuss when the world economy crumbling.

I do not like Pizza's and proud to say never ever ordered food to be delivered, but do believe that if some people want it , and it is legal , should be tolerant.

BarCar

15-11-2011 03:28 PM

I have no opinion on the parade at Clockhouse. I live in HOP which is where somebody has applied for this permission for change of use. I don't see how comparing parades in different areas is relevant to this application.

Planning policy should encourage appropriate development in all areas. An "it could be worse" attitude to planning is a race to the bottom (IMHO). The same applies to the "approve it because it will create a few jobs today" argument - I think it points to a lack of vision for the area we live in.

My specific reasons for objecting to this planning application are well documented in this thread but primarily, I think approval will impact negatively on the local area and the amenity of residents for years to come.

If you think I'm wasting my time and energy (or if you disagree with my opinion) then that's absolutely fine by me. We're all entitled to our own opinion and I'm happy to determine how best to spend my own time and effort without your guidance.

If you support the application, then I would encourage you to write in and say so. That's your right and you should feel free to exercise it if you wish.

Joffe

15-11-2011 05:44 PM

The good old people on Herschell must be true pizza lovers...!

Seriously, I would expect people in the immeadiate surroundings to object. We all suffer from NIMBYism to a degree. The thing I'm most worried about is how much I'll use it and the inevitable calorific implications.

poolsneighbour

15-11-2011 06:16 PM

All of this is alot of fuss over something that isnt THAT much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things, as Brian says. I wouldnt be up in arms if a Domino's was to be opened in Dartmouth Road, if anything, id support it..why not there..suppose its too close to Penge and their store there. Still, they dont deliver to my address..so im in support of a store somewhere in SE23!

ontheedge

15-11-2011 08:30 PM

I think the fact it is a beautiful building has something to do with it, don't think Dominos would be sympathetic to the current facade. I must put my hands up and say mea culpa, as didn't sign the online objection, but now that I have shaken myself out of my apathy I am willing to do anything to help prevent it becoming a Dominos. All very well to say you wouldn't oppose one on Dartmouth Road but they're not proposing one there are they, also Dartmouth Road isn't quite as residential as that part of Honor Oak Parade.

Redalways

15-11-2011 09:49 PM

I sent a detailed email to Lewisham back in September objecting . Had no acknowledgment and I am not listed. When I rang up to query this I was told that they had so any objections that they were staggering including them.

Domino's - [/u] dont believe that the 300 odd published objections are the extent of the opposition.

Bcm

16-11-2011 09:20 AM

The application has been refused! To everyone who took the time and effort to object and campaign against this unsuitable change in use, well done! The council rejected the application on the following grounds:

1) The proposed change of use from a restaurant (A3) to a hot food takeaway (A5), would result in a lost opportunity to provide a use which would maximise the prominent, corner location which benefits from a dual frontage and the potential for an outside seating area, compromising the objectives of maintaining the vitality and vibrancy of the parade which is, contrary to London Plan Policies 4.8: Supporting a successful and diverse retail sector and policy 7.1: Building London's neighbourhoods and communities (July 2011), Policy 15: High Quality Design for Lewisham in Lewisham's Core Strategy (June 2011) and policy URB 3 Urban Design in the adopted Unitary Development Plan (July 2004).
2) The proposed change of use would necessitate frequent vehicular movement within a road junction and bus stop location, which is also close to the railway station which results in concentrated volumes of pedestrians during peak times, resulting in further congestion within the junction location which is contrary to Policy 14 Sustainable movement and transport in Lewisham's adopted Core Strategy (June 2011).
3) The amount and frequent movement of delivery bikes and waiting/collection vehicles, combined with the proposed opening hours until midnight 7 days a week, would result in material harm being caused to the amenities of nearby residential occupiers through noise and disturbance which is contrary to the provisions of Policy 15 High quality design for Lewisham in Lewisham's adopted Core Strategy (June 2011) and saved policy HSG 4 Residential Amenity in Lewisham's adopted UDP (July 2004).

I will certainly be celebrating this evening!

Tersie

16-11-2011 09:25 AM

Brilliant!!!!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields