SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
Ruddiger

14-10-2011 07:22 PM

Cheeky posted an email from Antic pubs which confirmed they had made a proposal for the Old Bank, so we do know there is other interest of a more suitable nature.

Find all posts by this user
Satchers

14-10-2011 11:06 PM

The Local plan referred to in the NPPF is the UDP/Core Strategy
So, yes there is a local plan but it doesn't say much about Honor Oak.

Tinkerbell

15-10-2011 08:15 AM

Had a chat with a friend last night who works in town planning at City Hall. She mentioned she published a report 2 years ago on pretty much what we're complaining about, which I didn't know. It was about change of use of existing units and the potential for more overall control local government and councils could enforce to maintain the character of a high street and mix of independent vs. multiples/chain outlets.
Once apparently discussed for about 3 minutes in the Assembly's Planning and Housing Committee, and then disappeared in a drawer somewhere with only a few councils implementing some of the advice.
Assuming that it wasn't due to the quality of her output, there is clearly little interest on some sides. Have asked her to send me a copy of the report, if anyone is interested, pls pm me.

BarCar

17-10-2011 09:44 AM

Our further objection to DC/11/78332/X following the posting of the "Moped Delivery Plan" at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATED...498_4.pdf.

Quote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

We note that the applicant for reference number DC/11/78332/X has recently submitted a "Moped Delivery Plan" as an additional document. We wish to append the following comments to our objection.

Whilst it is appreciated that they have taken steps to clarify their intentions, this document does nothing to address the concerns in our original objection. Our reasons for stating this are as follows:

- Any commitment given in the "Moped Delivery Plan" is unenforceable under planning law once permission is granted and therefore of no significance to the planning application.

- While the delivery plan addresses the number of mopeds in use, it does not address the volume of trips and hence it is impossible to assess the traffic impact of this proposal. Again, there is presumably nothing to stop the business determining that further numbers of mopeds are required in future.

- The "Moped Delivery Plan" proposes that motor-cycles will be parked during operations in the road-side bays on Honor Oak Park:
-- It is noted that the proposed parking location (as can be seen at http://g.co/maps/dn2bj) has the following restrictions "Mon - Sat 8 am to 6.30 pm, 30 minutes, no return within 2 hours".
-- This parking restriction fundamentally incompatible with the proposed delivery plan and renders it meaningless.
-- These bays, with the parking restrictions in place, are presumably intended for customers visiting local businesses, not for local businesses to use for parking vehicles required for their daily operations.
-- Businesses requiring parking for operational purposes should be located in appropriate locations. We would suggest that this business would be better served finding a location with appropriate forecourt or off-road parking and direct access onto a non-residential highway (such as the vacant property at 1-3 Brockley Rise - http://g.co/maps/2ynmu) rather than trying to shoe-horn themselves into an inappropriate location.

For these further reasons we continue to urge the council to reject the proposal for change of use.

Feel free to use as a template.

michael

17-10-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:
This parking restriction fundamentally incompatible with the proposed delivery plan and renders it meaningless.

Very nicely put.

Poppy9560

17-10-2011 07:12 PM

I popped into the pizza takeaway tonight to sign the petition and they have run outUnsure

scully

17-10-2011 07:31 PM

Sorry we handed the petition into the council the other day. We are still receiving signatures though that will be passed on in batches. I have just given the Pizza place on the parade a few more blank sheets so if people have not had the chance to sign they can pop in there.

Tersie

17-10-2011 07:34 PM

Update! Last Friday a petition with 497 signatures was handed into Lewisham planning, after a local press photo shoot with Councillor Addison and say no to domino's campaigners.

These 497 signatures are in addition to the 500 online entries that have been deemed null and void by lewisham due to lack of addresses. There was also a meeting with the planning officer who informed us that this application has received the most objections to any others known to Lewisham planning, which is fantastic!! Thumbsup So the major opposition to Domino's opening in The Old Bank as opposed to a more suitable building / location in SE23 speaks for itself. We just have to sit back now and wait to hear the decision, and if there will be a public consultation.

The next stage of campaign will be contacting Dominos directly (via a controlled method) BCM is hoping to set up a meeting soon to discuss all issues already raised. In the meantime a Facebook page and twitter site will be set up so people can join up and comment. Dominos will be monitoring this to gauge feedback on the issue and indeed on Dominos brand image. Will keep you updated when this is up and running!!

Loncdl

17-10-2011 10:15 PM

One thing that no one seems to have mentioned on here so far is a consumer boycott of Domino's Pizza. Few things make corporates sit up and take notice more than hitting them in the pocket. I love a Domino's every now and again, but I am very happy to say that I will not order their pizzas again until they withdraw their plans for The Old Bank. Perhaps if the 1,000 people who have petitioned Lewisham Council send warning to this effect to the following address they might sit up and take at least some notice:

CEO
Head Office
Domino's Pizza Group Limited,
Lasborough Road
Kingston, Milton Keynes
MK10 0AB

Then again, if they are reading this forum and enough people support this, maybe that will have the same effect...

rshdunlop

17-10-2011 10:45 PM

While very local 'locals' may well boycott this Dominoes, it will have a wide delivery area and many of the people who order from it will know nothing of the Old Bank or HOP. I always order takeaways online (and occasionally from flyers through the door) and have no idea where the 'restaurant' (in the loosest sense of the word) is physically located.

BT

18-10-2011 08:25 AM

Going by this review I really can't see why anyone would want to buy Pizzas from Dominos. Their prices are well over the top. You can buy 2 or 3 perfectly good frozen Pizzas from Sainsburys or Tesco for the price of just one basic Dominos offering and 20 mins in the oven isn't any longer than you have to wait for delivery.

http://www.lovefood.com/journal/features...o-the-test

BarCar

18-10-2011 09:22 AM

How this might play out (we can hope)...

Rejected: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/36...y_refused/

Appealed: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/41...t_decison/

Rejected: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/44...hrown_out/

Shows that this could be a long process...

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

18-10-2011 09:57 AM

I presume you aren't hoping for exactly the same outcome as the unit stayed empty for a long time and Dominoes were eventually given change of use permission and permission to sell other types of take away food.

BarCar

18-10-2011 03:33 PM

There are two new drawings on the change of use planning application today at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...key=64364.

Looks like "Proposed Layout Plans - 18/10/2011 11:47:29" at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATEDOCS/80501_6.pdf revises the air extraction and intake routes (although there may be other changes I haven't spotted). Need to compare with http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATEDOCS/80501_5.pdf which was the original.

Looks like "Site Plan - 18/10/2011 12:08:44" at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/ACOLLATEDOCS/80501_7.pdf was submitted in error - it relates to a location in Acton. Wonder if this was an incorrect additional inclusion or if they meant to submit something else that is actually relevant.

BarCar

18-10-2011 04:08 PM

I didn't notice it before but on the site plan it says:

Quote:
Where required, manifestations to glazing to be in accordance with Approved Document N2 to take the form of translucent computer cut frosted vinyl decals applied internally. Geometry of decal to be the same as main fascia. Manifestation bands to be min. 150mm high and at 2 levels, 850-1000mm and 1400-1600mm above FFL/GL. Windows filmed internally for security/privacy where shown.

I think, in non-planner speak, that means Domino's logos running on stickers across all five large windows at two levels (maybe also on the doors?). Of course, since the fascia application has been withdrawn we don't know what they really mean.

I can't see any indication of security/privacy film on the plans but if they plan to block out any of the windows facing the street that would be pretty ugly.

In both cases, I'm not sure that the would qualify as being sympathetic to the design of the building.

michael

18-10-2011 04:23 PM

The document uploaded by mistake is even more worrying and I think we should start a petition to Ealing council to prevent a take away opening with mopped parks on what appears to be a wide pedestrian path between the tower blocks, and right next to Tesco.

Deano

18-10-2011 07:47 PM

I am new to the forum and I confess I don't live next to this shop, but with so many empty properties on our high streets shouldn't we be welcoming a national chain like dominoes? I think their pizzas are nice and surely this is preferable to anoanother fried chicken outlet - or even the condom shop that adorned forest hill high street a few years back. Or even the late night barbers....

Tinkerbell

18-10-2011 08:36 PM

Deano, if you take a look through the previous few pages, you'll find that it's been noted that there are already two pizza takeaways in the immediate vicinity, one of them only a few shops down on the same side.

This is currently a restaurant unit, it has plenty of space and is in a prime location in the parade. Frankly, if someone could find enough different condoms to fill this unit, I'd still rather see that for variety than a Domino's.

The main problem regarding the empty units seem to be the strongly inflated rents in HOP that make it hard for independent shops and restaurants to actually move into the unit, it would be down to Lewisham Planning to start implementing policies that regulate and support the development of independent business in areas like this. At the moment, greed rules.

BTW, the report I mentioned earlier is available at http://www.london.gov.uk/who-runs-london...mall-shops
I find the "evidence submitted" bit (bottom of page) quite interesting, Lewisham's answers to the questions are on page 21 of that doc.

*sHOP locally*

Deano

18-10-2011 09:07 PM

I too would like some nice independent boutiques, but we live in SE23 not Knightsbridge. Anyway, Domino's is a franchise I think, so it may well be some local folks running it. I don't disagree with you that it would be nicer if it turned out to be a John Lewis or a Waitrose but it's a free country and if Domino's decide to go for it, then I think we just have to be magnanimous and thank them for their interest in our community. I know you'd prefer a restaurant, but there was one there and it closed - so not enough residents wanted to sit in and have pizza but Dominos think they might like takeaway more. That's the market working. In my book an occupied shop is better than an unoccupied one.

Deano

18-10-2011 09:09 PM

Plus, if there are already two other pizza places, and you think domino's is too expensive, then it won't last long and they will have wasted their money which should please you?

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields