SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Pages (37): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next > Last »
76-78 Honor Oak Park (ex Old Bank)
BarCar

19-09-2011 02:03 PM

BMqpr,

I'd rather have the restaurant empty for a few months (or longer) until the economy picks up and an entrepreneur comes up with a viable plan for a restaurant rather than it be zoned forever as a take-away.

Whatever opens there is something we are going to have to live with for years so we need to get it right for the long term.

Find all posts by this user
bebei

19-09-2011 02:16 PM

Petition signed, though I feel its not going to make much difference.

Too bad we didn't get a great pub with Sunday roasts, newspapers and nice bloody marys.

BarCar

19-09-2011 02:26 PM

I don't want to undervalue the petition but to have an impact you really need to object in writing to Lewisham planning.

You can email planning@lewisham.gov.uk quoting application number DC/11/78332/X.

BarCar

19-09-2011 02:40 PM

The application, plans and design statement are now available at http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...key=64364.

Skim reading highlights a few things to me:

- bikes to be stored in yard at rear so, since Grierson Road is closed at junction with Honor Oak Park, I presume all delivery traffic will go along Grierson Road and down Riseldine Road (unless proposal is for bike to ignore the road closure and drive directly onto Honor Oak Park and cross the footpath).

- corner door to be removed and replaced - description does not give a clue as to the materials or quality of the replacement. Same applies to side door on Honor Oak Park.

- no information in application about location or quality of signage.

Questions still to be answered...

BarCar

19-09-2011 02:48 PM

Sorry - more...

- opening hours until midnight with bikes exiting down residential streets. Lewisham policy is for local high streets to close earlier.

- application claims no parking spaces for motorcycles (section 10).

Tersie

19-09-2011 02:52 PM

I agree!!! Good objection letters on this thread in previous posts, just cut and paste, sign with full name, address and email off to planning@lewisham.gov.uk - this will be lodged as official objection. Think about 15 have gone in already!! Lets get these numbers up.

megan

19-09-2011 03:07 PM

Just sent my letter to Lewisham Planning. Fingers crossed

michael

19-09-2011 03:22 PM

Has anybody sent a copy of their objection letters to the Crofton Park local councillors? It is worth enlisting their support on this campaign.

With a petition signed by so many local people it would also be reasonable to ask Lewisham Council to organise a local meeting to discuss the concerns of local people arising from this planning application, and allowing the applicant to hear the those concerns first hand.

The issues raised by BarCar after reading the application documents (as well as those from BCM) are particularly valid concerns. There should be clear diagrams of where there will be illuminated signs (if any). It is possible that in a public meeting the applicant may be persuaded to address some of these concerns by means of a planning condition to avoid any confusion over their intentions.

While this unit could almost certainly be put to better use than a takeaway pizza outlet, the Dalston branch (link to streetview in earlier posting) shows that Dominos does not need to be an eyesore in this key location and nice building.

Tinkerbell

19-09-2011 03:34 PM

I think quite a few more people have sent off their letters to the planning department, their last account on the website just shows the objections as of Friday 16th, and any new objections since then don't seem to have been included yet.

Michael - agree that a local meeting would be helpful!

BarCar

19-09-2011 03:42 PM

I did copy my objection to the Crofton Park councillors this morning and invited them to join the discussion here.

BMqpr

19-09-2011 04:20 PM

Because it is a take-away outfit you would prefer the site empty, and who knows how long it could be empty for, than a site that could create some employment opportunities for some youngsters.

BarCar

19-09-2011 04:51 PM

Yes. Not just because it's a take away outfit but for the other reasons highlighted in my objection.

Tersie

19-09-2011 06:34 PM

Just found this on the planning application - a list of letters sent to neighbours....strange as the numbers of houses are random. 3 have been received back and 3 objections. The objections that we are sending in must be listed elsewhere, or they have not added them.

http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=64364

I think we need to do the following - the petition is great but not enough. If the 150 people who have signed that all email planning with a draft letter we will get much better results. If we have a volunteer/s for each street close to the parade, knock on neighbours doors and collect emails - we can simply email the draft letters and they forward to planning with their own name and address. this will be easy and save people drafting their own letters. I am happy to take on Gabriel Street. I got some great flyers emailed through from BCM who had kicked this off. Thanks! Any takers? PM me.

dbboy

19-09-2011 06:56 PM

Suggest you extend getting the petion signed up Honor Oak Park, down Hengrave and the road off teh bottom, Bovill?, then along Honor Oak Road to at least Tysona nd down Forest Hill Road to something like Woodvale.

BarCar

19-09-2011 08:54 PM

Hi all,

I had a reply from Councillor Addison, Crofton Park Ward. She had just been made aware of the application.

She told me that three objections (already received) were sufficient to take it to planning committee rather than the decision being made by officers.

She also said that, if there are 10 objections (individual ones rather than names on a petition) then there will have to be a public meeting, which would be a good opportunity to gather information from the applicant.

Cheers.

scully

19-09-2011 09:39 PM

Hooray we've just found the website and are heartened by all the activism. We live above the Old Bank and are gutted by the news. Our bedrooms at the back will be affected by buzzy bikes and likely smells and noise from the air conditioning unit.

We would welcome the Old Bank premises being occupied not least as they have been squatted in the past months and we don't feel that it has been properly maintained. However, aside from direct impact on our living conditions, we object to the Domino Pizza application because we just dont think think another pizza (or fast food) takeaway is the right business for the parade. The building itself would be much more suited to a restaurant which would attract more footfall to the area and be of greater benefit to local businesses and residents.

The actual area of the premises is quite significant as there is a large high ceilinged basement which will be left unused in the current plans. Not sure why Domino want to pay more rent for a larger than necessary unit?? Its twice the size of the minimum needed according to their website.

As others have mentioned there are a couple of pizzas outlets nearby. If they fail because of Domino opening up then there are empty units on the parade and in the surrounding area with A5 permission already. So basically this means the area will be made up of take away outlets. What we would like is a bit of variety to the area which we don't think this application will bring.

And yes we are more than willing to leaflet!

Southlonder

19-09-2011 09:53 PM

So only 10 People have the write formal objection letters to the planning dept. for an enquiry to be forced?

BarCar

19-09-2011 10:05 PM

I was told 10 letters for a public meeting. I'm not sure how that differs from an enquiry.

scully

19-09-2011 10:10 PM

In an email I recieved from Councillor Addison 10 objection letters will result in a public meeting where we can meet with the applicant to gather further info and see what they are prepared to give back to the area such as hanging baskets?? Not sure how that would compensate sufficiently but hey ho

scully

19-09-2011 10:16 PM

Also I contacted the planning department today to get some more detail about the delivery point, size of vans used, creeping opening hours. The appointed officer is off this week so I suggested the deadline date be extended so we can get the necessary info. I recieved this reply from the manager

"All the information that was submitted as part of the application is now available online:
http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=64364

Objections will be taken into account up until the date of the decision, and the 5 October deadline only represents the earliest decision date. In this case, if officers want to approve the application, a committee decision is necessary due to the number of objections received. If you have objected, you will be invited to the meeting where you can speak.

I would advice you to contact Chris Werren next week to discuss the application in more detail. "

Pages (37): « First < Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields