SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Forest Hill Central
brian

23-04-2008 09:45 AM

Yes , I would be interested how much Southern are receiving for this advert. How far will this go.
Will we get ( Welcome to the home of the bra fitting shop )

Who knows

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

28-04-2008 09:47 AM

The two bed flats for over ?300k have not been selling very well, so they have applied for permission to change some of them into one bedroom flats.
http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=52760

DC/08/67914

"The alteration of 10 two bedroom units approved under planning permission DC/06/62989) dated 3.7.07 to provide for 14 one bedroom units on ground and first floors only (resulting in 4 additional units) with no changes to footprint or elevation of the approved scheme and the variation of Section 106 agreement to incorporate an additional affordable unit."

brian

28-04-2008 06:02 PM

I am not surprised at that price.

the Print House Devolpment also does not appear to have had many people move in, or am I mistaken

nevermodern

28-04-2008 06:45 PM

Nor Vantage Heights, by the looks of things.

Sandy67

29-04-2008 02:05 PM

**sigh**

so much for "affordable housing"

michael

06-05-2008 09:58 AM

Below are extracts from the Forest Hill Society response to the plans. If this is to go before a planning committee then I believe it requires at least 3 responses, so if anybody else wishes to object to the plans you should email planning@lewisham.gov.uk with reference DC/08/67914.

On behalf of the Forest Hill Society I wish to object to this change to the development that is currently being built from 28x 1 bed and 43x 2bed to 42x 1 bed and 33x 2 bed apartments and which significantly changes the nature of this development.

According to the covering letter from the developer they have received very limited interest in the 2 bed apartments within the development since marketing them in October 2007. These apartments have been marketed at above their market value and many local residents have commented on the high prices expected for these properties. There are few, if any, 2 bed apartments available in Forest Hill for ?319,000 and I have seen no evidence that prices have been reduced to the appropriate level in the market, either before the reduction in house prices, or since.

Today?s market conditions are different to October last year, but the needs of the community are still the same in terms of a mixture of 1 bed, 2 bed and family houses. There are a significant number of 1 bed apartments becoming available in the Forest Hill area. To preserve the balance of families and single occupancy households in the local area it is important that 2 bed apartments are made available within this development at the originally stated number or higher, not lower.

There is no additional provision for car parking or extra cycle storage in the development to reflect the increase in units in the development.

It does appear that this proposal is purely designed to increase the profitability of the development rather than taking account of the housing needs in Forest Hill and Lewisham.

brian

06-05-2008 11:20 AM

Well put Michael.
As you say I would have thought due to the number of 1 bedroom flats coming onto the market they would be better placed to carry on as planned but reduce prices.
Are they able to change at this stage.?? Seems building coming on quickly.
Am I correct that The Printhouse does not have many occupants, also two other blocks going up on that side of the track.
The price you quote for a 2 bedroom flat is a joke especially in the current climate. You can get 3 dedroom houses with gardens and garage for less.

michael

14-06-2008 09:49 PM

The planning officers are recommending approving this planning application, following a number of other decisions that are not good for Forest Hill and take very little notice of the needs of the area.
I shall be attending the planning committee meeting on Thursday but do not expect that my efforts will have any affect.

I am sure that following this decision we will not see a sensible rental value on the shop on the ground floor and we can have another empty shop, just like the shop next to Sainsburys which has never seen any business open in the site despite a number of new businesses opening within 50 meters.

brian

15-06-2008 07:07 AM

I agree about the shops. The unit by Sainsbury's would have been ideal for a coffee shop for those using Sainsbury's . or so one would have thought.
Surely Sainsbury would be better of letting for a reduced rent rather than leaving it empty with zero income
Too be honest I did not realise the FH Central devolpment included shops. Not sure which shops would want to open there but a row of empty shops no thankyou.
I sincerely hope that any revised plans will not reduce money they have promised to spend on station access etc.
Good Luck at the meeting and await your news with interest

michael

19-06-2008 08:30 PM

michael wrote:
I shall be attending the planning committee meeting on Thursday but do not expect that my efforts will have any affect.

I am pleased (if a little shocked) that the councillors on the planning committee tonight rejected the plans to convert 10 2 beds into 14 1 bed flats due to the change that this would have on the social mix in Forest Hill with a continuing need for more 2 bed and family homes.

The councillors made a good decision and rejected the recommendation of the planning department on this matter.

reverendlionelblair

19-06-2008 08:59 PM

Ah well, all these housebuilding firms are going to be forced sellers once the banks take them over, that should see prices coming down a bit.

Not that I'm crowing about these things or anything, but 320k for a small two bedroom flat with no garden in a fairly rough around the edges bit of London might be considered a little excessive.

nevermodern

25-06-2008 09:32 AM

Full-page ad in the Independent today for FH Central.

brian

25-06-2008 04:31 PM

At least they were not advertising in The Sun

loca

11-07-2008 03:01 PM

More pictures have been added to the website:

http://www.berkeleyhomes.co.uk/index.cfm...on=gallery

billham

11-07-2008 03:49 PM

Interesting that the Old Bank Italian Restaurant (presumably the one in Honor Oak) is included as a 'local' restaurant. There must be at least 20 restaurants nearer if not more. Do I smell some 'product placement'?

michael

11-07-2008 04:08 PM

I see that rather than reducing the prices they have released some of the more expensive 2 bed properties on the site at a massive ?440k. I am sure that this will be the penthouse apartment and that it would be a really nice apartment, but even so, today you could easily buy a 4 or 5 bedroom house in Forest Hill for that money.

brian

12-07-2008 11:20 AM

440k for a flat in Forest Hill. You have got to be joking. I would maximum would be GBP 230.00 for 2 bedroom flat. I would imagine also there would be high communal charges for these flats , does anybody know ?

foodieluver

03-08-2008 07:04 PM

Has anyone else heard the rumour that the Berkely Homes development on the corner of Hindsley Place and Perry Vale is being suspended?

I have heard that this is the case but contradicts the information on their and Scotchbrook website.

Anyone know anything?

robwinton

03-08-2008 07:15 PM

that would be a disaster - I certainly hope not

Haven't heard any such thing and last time I passed they were working away as normal, damaging the water mains on Perry Vale.

foodieluver

03-08-2008 07:38 PM

robwinton - I totally agree with you.

Like you, I see the work progressing each day which prompted me to ask this question. I am hoping that this is just a nasty rumour - hence the reason for asking on this forum because if anyone knows the answer then it is available on this site!

Pages (15): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forest Hill Central School brian 2 8,197 06-03-2008 01:42 PM
Last Post: IWereAbsolutelyFuming