SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
People's Day
brian

10-07-2011 05:26 PM

Being searched for weapons before one enters a public park. Is this Britain we are talking about.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robin orton

10-07-2011 06:47 PM

I talked today to someone who went and really enjoyed themselves (smoked salmon sandwiches and strawberries and cream in the Mayor's tent!) The security at the entrance is apparently pretty thorough, but no obvious police presence inside and no trouble - a very relaxed atmosphere, in fact. Lots of worthy voluntary groups setting out their stall.

seeformiles

10-07-2011 07:20 PM

That's great news - sounds like a totally different event now, so I'll give it a go next year if I'm still living in the area.

bensonby

12-07-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:
I talked today to someone who went and really enjoyed themselves (smoked salmon sandwiches and strawberries and cream in the Mayor's tent!) The security at the entrance is apparently pretty thorough, but no obvious police presence inside and no trouble - a very relaxed atmosphere, in fact. Lots of worthy voluntary groups setting out their stall.

When I've worked it in previous years the police presence inside was limited to the stalls thay they set up for public information and enjoyment, a couple of senior officers having cups of tea with the great and the good one serial of 6 officers to wander about.

It's outside that the police have "riot gear to hand" as the security is tight enough to prevent any trouble inside the event itself.

That said, i am unaware of any significant disorder this year though (outside or inside the event) which is very good news.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields