SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car Thieves
Londondrz

14-02-2008 08:32 AM

To the two young lads who decided to try and steal a car in Waldenshaw Road last night, the police have your description and your fingerprints and your DNA. I am also very happy to stand up in court and point the finger at you.

Enjoy your last few days of freedom you scum!!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vipes

14-02-2008 09:01 AM

Hey Londonrz I'd say don't hold your breath but you actually got the police to take fingerprints and DNA from a car crime scene. What's the secret?

Mine was broken into, trashed and pushed down a hill. They refused to come out but said I could bring it to the "car clinic" at Catford police station where they'd take prints. When I told them it was a write off they apologised and there was nothing they could do as car crime was not a priority - i.e. secures less funding in terms of league table clear up successes.

Londondrz

14-02-2008 09:07 AM

I caught the thieves in the act and dialed 999, that way I believe they have to respond. I had also made a mental note of their discription and the fact that they had no gloves on (hence DNA and fingerprint evidence). I was also polite to the attending police officers and was able to point out a few things to them that they may have missed. They were kind enough to go and look for the two delightfull little cherrubs and then canvass to find the cars owner.

I will also be keeping an eye open for them locally so if you spot a tarred and feathered ferral youth hanging from a lamp post it was nothing to do with meCool

hilltopgeneral

14-02-2008 10:03 AM

I always thought Waldenshaw Rd was a bit vulnerable to car crime (you do sometimes see broken glass) and there is also the 'graffiti wall' at the end - both I think due to the fact that much of it is not overlooked by houses facing onto the road, and because it is handy for passing pondlife on London Rd.

Hopefully they have some previous and will be getting their collars felt soon! The DNA database is quite large now, I understand, with 4 million+ records (including nearly 40% of males from certain groups according to some sources).

Londondrz

14-02-2008 10:08 AM

hilltopgeneral wrote:
I always thought Waldenshaw Rd was a bit vulnerable to car crime (you do sometimes see broken glass) and there is also the 'graffiti wall' at the end - both I think due to the fact that much of it is not overlooked by houses facing onto the road, and because it is handy for passing pondlife on London Rd.

Hopefully they have some previous and will be getting their collars felt soon! The DNA database is quite large now, I understand, with 4 million+ records (including nearly 40% of males from certain groups according to some sources).

I take it by certain groups ypou mean tracksuit wearing chavs of which these two were. The irritating thing is that these two prats where trying to break into a car almost directly under a street light and in clear view of a number of houses with big bay windows.Cursing

nevermodern

14-02-2008 10:33 AM

I think the 'certain group' he's referring to may just be black men.

Londondrz

14-02-2008 10:35 AM

nevermodern wrote:
I think the 'certain group' he's referring to may just be black men.

Well these two bucked the trend then. Thieves, no matter what race, religion or sexual orientation should be put in stocks and pelted with fruit for a week.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

14-02-2008 01:18 PM

hilltopgeneral wrote:
I always thought Waldenshaw Rd was a bit vulnerable to car crime (you do sometimes see broken glass) ... - both I think due to the fact that much of it is not overlooked by houses facing onto the road, and because it is handy for passing pondlife on London Rd.

Taymount Rise, or Sainsbury's Staff Car Park as it is now known, on the other side of London Road suffers the same vulnerability. They put up those car crime signs so it most be a known blackspot but I cant say I remember ever seeing a real life bobby patrolling anywhere nearby.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields