SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next > Last »
14 Waldram Park Road
Snazy

03-10-2010 02:17 PM

Sorry for the blunt approach to the post.
I am quite serious about this situation, it affects me directly, and I would rather not turn the thread into some form of impromptu grammar lesson, based on my choice of wording for a brief reply. Thumbup

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robin orton

03-10-2010 05:15 PM

I apologize too for what I now see was an ill-judged intervention.

Hawkesrah

03-10-2010 06:47 PM

I went to have a look and it appeared as though most of the front of the building had collapsed together with a lot of the interior (Coundn't see the back). I had a chat with a local estate agency and they said they were, "Not surprised knowing the owner" who was described as South African .

Snazy

03-10-2010 08:02 PM

The visible part of the front of the building was removed months ago, hence the tarp over the front for so long. From what I could see they have recently started rebuilding the front. What part have you seen is now missing?
The building has been a frontless hollow cube for a long time now.

With regards to the owner, under Earlsfield the owner was indeed south african, however his company was wound up last year, and the "owners" I have spoken to are an Indian guy and a Asian guy. That's who came to see me when I contacted them last anyway, and claimed to be the owners.

That's not to say there is not something underhanded going on with the old owner of earlsfield, but certainly not the face presented. Which agency did you speak to? I wonder if it was the last vendors?

Hawkesrah

03-10-2010 10:26 PM

I cant reveal the name of the estate agents involved because it appears their information is out of date and it could involve litigation. They haven't dealt with the South African guy for quite sometime.

Snazy

04-10-2010 10:18 AM

Well I believe Winkworths were the vendor for the site at 6 church rise, so would assume they also sold the property at 14 too.
Let's hope the authorities have managed to contact the necessary people now.

Snazy

05-10-2010 09:52 AM

Well it looks like the process of flooding the place with concrete is about to begin. 2 large trucks waiting outside. Is this about to become another blot on the landscape?

Snazy

05-10-2010 10:01 AM

I wonder how many of these it will take to finish the job?

Hawkesrah

05-10-2010 10:28 AM

The estate agents I spoke to was actually Robert Stanford on the other side. The person was Malcolm Goes (Senior Sales).

If you persue the matter you could just wander in and ask them if he can help you without mentioning me. Malcolm is a coloured guy of very mixed race and he usually sits at the front lefthandside of the office.

Other staff working there are unlikely to assist you.

Snazy

05-10-2010 11:41 AM

With regards to who the vendor was, I have no interest in following it up, but thank you for the info all the same Smile
Interesting if it was them who were involved in the sale of 14 though, given that the original owners of both were the same, and the subsequent buyer was the same for both too.

I guess maybe they were one of a few agents dealing with the sale, but chose not to put their signs up, where as Winkworths most certainly did.

Im sure, as per usual the whole matter will blow over, and be forgotten in no time, but I am gonna have a damn good go at speaking to all the bodies involved before letting this one rest.

brian

05-10-2010 12:05 PM

Great symphathy Snazy . Not a great situation.

Just one thing you mentioned you spoke to an Indian man and an Asian man .

Rather like saying you have spoken to a German man and a European man , a bit confusing.

Snazy

05-10-2010 12:12 PM

lol I realised that after I wrote it Brian, but could not be bothered to correct in, in case I caused racial outrage or something.
A man who appeared Indian in ethnic origin, and another who looked oriental maybe? I would have said chinese originally, but with the vietnamese connection, I thought otherwise. Thumbup

No offence intended to any race or culture.

With regards to the main situation, im at work now so cant see whats going on at the site, but would assume more concrete will arrive. There has been a lot there previously too, prior to the accident.

Now to see who I need to speak to in order to get the site at 6 CR checked for safety properly, rather than a quick look.

rshdunlop

05-10-2010 12:29 PM

What I love about that picture up there (apart from the cement company's name, of course), is the lines of birds on the roof watching.

Snazy

05-10-2010 12:54 PM

lol cheers, I had not even noticed those. How comical. Thumbup

I wonder if Jim WILL be able to fix it for Forest Hill to keep one of its nice old houses. Confused

Snazy

06-10-2010 11:48 AM

Jim still trying to fix it, more concrete going in again this morning. Was interested to see TfL workmen there too, I assume to make sure the footpath remains usable and passable.

Concrete pump there today too, so looks like there is a fair bit more to do there yet.

Snazy

07-10-2010 10:15 AM

Nice to see this is not forgotten. Well written John

Snazy

22-10-2010 01:53 PM

Seems there is quite a lot of activity on the site recently.. Lots of concrete going in there, a change of work force, and a steep rise in numbers. Yet another project about to become a financial loss for the developer, so I wonder what will happen once the property is stable..... Another abandoned project for FH ?

Snazy

10-12-2010 10:16 AM

I have just noticed they are REMOVING all the scaffolding from the building at the moment. Which considering it only has half a front on it is a bit strange.
I can only assume that the concrete works have stabilised the structure, but am left wondering what the plan now is.

Snazy

11-12-2010 08:19 PM

OK it's all been replaced now with slightly better, more structural scaffolding.

michael

19-05-2011 09:10 PM

A new planning application has been submitted for this site:
http://acolnet.lewisham.gov.uk/LEWIS-XSL...mkey=62704

Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Waldram Park Road closed due to fatal accident hillview 1 5,909 26-11-2017 11:52 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Leak on corner of Waldram Crescent and Devonshire Road Jon Lloyd 5 8,493 14-04-2008 06:49 AM
Last Post: admin