SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
14 Waldram Park Road
Snazy

25-02-2008 09:13 AM

Aaaah fair enough Sad
Its got one, but like I say by the door, and not readable by passing public.

I wonder how many local residents who received notification will contact the council with their feelings.
I have to say the letter received really does not paint a clear enough picture of what they are planning from the place.

Its 8 bedroom now, planned for 13
Would assume 1 kitchen and 2-3 bathrooms now, planned for 9 kitchens / 9 bathrooms
Thats a lot to fit in..... poor people living in shoeboxes!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ForestGump

25-02-2008 09:32 AM

There are a number of these type of developments popping up on the Lewisham planning website. In the 1950's and 1960's the council demolished houses because of inappropriate development, yet here in the 21st centuary we seem to be drifting back to that form of housing.

I've just read a report by a planning officer who doesn't look to the best in the road for comparison but the worst.[/align]

Snazy

25-02-2008 11:11 AM

ForestGump wrote:
There are a number of these type of developments popping up on the Lewisham planning website. In the 1950's and 1960's the council demolished houses because of inappropriate development, yet here in the 21st centuary we seem to be drifting back to that form of housing.

I've just read a report by a planning officer who doesn't look to the best in the road for comparison but the worst.[/align]

Sad really but as the value of property rises in the area, I guess we had better get used to something most are not familiar with. Over crowded properties, fights for parking on your own road, a huge rise is the amount of household waste produced by each building.

Forest Hill..... its time to become the denser areas of Peckham and Catford by the looks of things, and the council dont give a monkies!

Snazy

14-07-2008 12:46 PM

A shocking attempt at fencing has now been erected. I shall await the rest of the mess to begin now.

brian

14-07-2008 01:37 PM

Why do not LBC planning become involved NOW before too late

Snazy

14-07-2008 02:20 PM

I guess Earlsfield Estates got the ok and have proven satisfactory "care" so we can only wait and see what happens now Sad

Fingers crossed it will be a successful build!

admin
Administrator

06-10-2008 08:57 AM

Snazy wrote:
#14 Waldram is now and newly in the process of being stripped. The hallmark black hoarding has gone up too now, and the process is WELL under way, judging by the amount of "rubble" outside.
So im pretty sure they are still about in some way shape or form.

Snazy

23-12-2008 12:48 PM

Earlsfield Estates are stamping their mark on to SE23 with none other than....... a nice big day time front yard fire again. Trademark sign of theirs. Along with the MASSIVE pile of rubble in the front garden.

14 Waldram Park Rd is the building of choice. Lets see if that one stays standing through Xmas.

Meanwhile our house is still sliding gently into the hole next door since that house disappeared. Plumbing leaks is the current problem where the wall is moving.

Cidered

23-12-2008 02:27 PM

I seem to remember reading somewhere (possibly in another thread about Earlsfield Estates) that fires aren't permitted on building sites?

Regardless of that, perhaps it's worth letting Lewisham Council know about any fires on this site, we are supposed to be a Smoke Control Area after all...

Link: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/Environment/P...nfires.htm

Snazy

23-12-2008 03:21 PM

I feel for the neighbouring houses, I know what its like living next door to their fires, and some of the stuff they throw on them!

Will have to look into who to speak to about this.

Lost track of the number of evening visits the fire engines made to their other site with fires left burning at night.

Snazy

18-01-2009 05:55 PM

Following its recent strip out, prior to a halt on all works, the house looked in somewhat reasonable condition. However over recent weeks im sure I can see large crack appearing in key areas.

To add to this is appears some digging has been done around the bay window, and bricks removed from arches above doors etc.

As I say it could be my imagination, but would appreciate a second and third opinion from those more familiar with the condition of the house.

Snazy

18-01-2009 08:55 PM

I will take some new pics in the morning and try and use them as a comparison to the others I have taken.

On looking again this evening after taking a gander at the old pic, it looks like there is definatly SOME new damage.

brian

19-01-2009 08:50 AM

Snazy
Have not see yet but if as bad as you say suggest you contact LBL's surveyor.

Snazy

19-01-2009 10:56 AM

Its not bad as in about to collapse, but there are certainly some areas of damage and structural insecurity about the building now, that were not present before.

Thats how 6 Church Rise started out.

On that note im going to leave the matter there for personal reasons. I hope someone gets it looked at, but hey ho.

Ta ta

blushingsnail

19-01-2009 01:16 PM

Snazy: do you have any photos of No. 14 you could share? I was talking to someone in Sydenham last week about an Earlsfield development there (one where they've taken the roof off and gutted out the insides) and she had been concerned about it and contacted her local councillor. She doesn't know what happened but not long after a lot more scaffolding appeared.

Given that, and what happened to No. 6, it should give a lot of weight to any request to the Council (Building Control Dept?) to look at No. 14.

Snazy

21-01-2009 10:25 AM

Scaffolding started going up first thing this morning.
Building Control are dealing with the matter.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Snazy

21-01-2009 08:54 PM

Structural scaffolding now errected around the bay at the front of the house. Not sure under who's instruction. But to place it there goes to show it was starting to give.
Another great job by Earlsfield.

Lets hope this one does not get ruined. Sure as hell wasnt falling down 18 months ago.

Either way, fingers crossed its on the radar now. I would encourage locals to it, to pay attention to the building, and keep an eye out for any movement, and save the place before it falls in like the last one.

Snazy

12-02-2009 10:49 PM

I have today received a letter from the mayors office, informing me of their interest in this matter.

I am advised that they are following up on this with Building Control. Building Control have filed a report advising that while the building is not in immediate danger, it is in a deteriorating state, and will be monitored.
Meanwhile, they are trying to contact "the company involved" to determine if they have ceased trading, or are to restart work soon.

I have to say from personal observations, the house is looking a little more sorry for itself since the snow has cleared up. More of the facia dropping.

Still hoping that there will be intervention from someone to ensure this property is not lost as well.

brian

13-02-2009 07:59 AM

I hope the intervention of the mayor's office ( I presume they people in the office v, not the office itself ) will sort this out soon for you. I understand your concern.

Snazy

13-02-2009 11:21 AM

Me too Brian, me too.
My concerns are 50/50 split.

Part of me has a tarnished opinion due to what happened next door to me. And the lasting effects that has had all round.
And the other part is quite passionate about our local old buildings.

Either way, I would love to see the house not only saved from falling to the ground (filling in the holes in the ground at the front of the house round the bay would be a good start), but it would be lovely to see the house left in its original state, rather than the OTT extension being added.

Suspicious mind kicks into gear.

Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Waldram Park Road closed due to fatal accident hillview 1 5,909 26-11-2017 11:52 AM
Last Post: hillview
  Leak on corner of Waldram Crescent and Devonshire Road Jon Lloyd 5 8,493 14-04-2008 06:49 AM
Last Post: admin