SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
People With Choldren Suffer The Most Under The Coalition
Cellar Door

24-06-2011 03:00 PM

rshdunlop wrote:
I’ve never understood the appeal of trolling or sock puppetry myself.

I hit a blank on this, too. Like many things in behaviour, I imagine there is a cocktail of causes.

There is a decent amount of brilliance in some of it. And some sheer audacity. For example, in the thread where ForestHillier welcomes back exfhpat they even pointed out the earlier sockpuppet detection. (i.e. “…funny thing was that someone even accused me of being you…”).

I do admire how they remained at large on this forum, apart from a few whistleblowers, for nearly a year. I heard Barcar blowing the whistle but didn’t focus and then forgot about it. It then got washed away in the steady stream of threads that got created since then.

I feel that we have before us, if you care to explore, a masterclass in a certain type of sockpuppetry.

I’m very intrigued about what need was being met by Ex FH Pat/ForestHillier/exfhpat creating different on-line personas.
In this case, I wonder if they know?

Since yesterday afternoon when this was exposed, I’ve found myself sometimes sitting back, staring into space and pondering.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: People With Choldren Suffer The Most Under The Coalition - Cellar Door - 24-06-2011 03:00 PM