SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in the Times property section
ABC

01-07-2012 10:44 AM

Yes. Quite. The south circular does spoil it somewhat. As does the occasionally slow service. People often talk about the road as if it is an insurmountable obstacle getting in the way of the area's long-foretold gentrification. Not that I think you said this. But I wonder if this is true. There are of course plenty of places in South London with heavy traffic which still manage to keep up appearances. There has to be something worth the upkeep though. It seems to me that the central station area needs a really good rethink because it is such a natural focal point. Not that station redevelopment is always worth it but I think that in this case it really would lift the place if done sensitively.
Something else that seems to signal a more pleasant neighbourhood is a bookshop. Obviously lots of different kinds of people read and I think bookshops actually have a quietly enriching effect on communities. A room without books is like a body without a soul. The same applies to communities in my humble opinion.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in the Times property section - ABC - 01-07-2012 10:44 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BBC Programme- property management firm operating in Forest Hill roz 2 7,314 04-05-2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: roz