SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in the Times property section
Belle

08-06-2012 11:26 AM

Canvas and Cream is a brilliant addition to Forest Hill. I can't afford to eat there regularly but I love the fact that I can choose to do so when there is an opportunity. I completely agree that variety is the key to a vibrant high street and we are some way to achieving that. There are lots of cafes in FH catering for different budgets and that's a really excellent thing.

Roz you seem to resistant to any change that does not suit your every day budget! Just because you have lived in FH for a long time and others haven't does not mean that your opinion is any more valid. You post on everything and anything and that's fine and that's what the forum is for. However if my memory serves me correctly some time ago Michael asked why more people don't post / get involved in debate and might I be so bold to say that its because there are a group of clearly hardcore established Forest Hilliers on the forum with very strong opinions and that is quite intimidating (to me as a relative newbie anyway!).

Anyway back to the point. It seems to me that C & C have engaged very significantly with the community, the local artist community and they are bridging the gap between artists working in the area and the resident community. I thoroughly enjoyed walking round Havelock Walk and the C & C studios during the Dulwich Festival and a number of those artists were new to the area having moved from well known ‘arty’ places like Camden. That can only be a good thing. And if Nigella and Mr Saatchi create a little bit of press for FH then that’s good too; if it makes people investigate FH more than they might have done then great - they will soon appreciate that FH has a lot to offer!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in the Times property section - Belle - 08-06-2012 11:26 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BBC Programme- property management firm operating in Forest Hill roz 2 7,314 04-05-2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: roz