SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in the Times property section
seeformiles

25-07-2011 09:00 PM

Poolsneighbour said:

"Ok - lets just not invest anything and allow a takeover by charity shops, vacant premises, pound shops and fried chicken takeaways shall we.. and obviously we don't want to promote young professionals and first time buyers like me and Dartmouth into the area either..long live grot."

The problem is that gentrification to the degree desired by some here (ie East Dulwich style) means that first time buyers are effectively excluded from the local property market. And if the first time buyers can't move in, the stagnation will be felt more widely - as we've already been seeing.

So it's all very well people wanting to make a killing on their property but it's all relative: if they make more on theirs, they'll probably have to spend a lot more trading up to something better. Unless they move out to Lincolnshire.

I'm not getting at you Poolsneighbour, I don't think you're a snob anymore than I am. But if property prices go up to Dulwich or Clapham levels the impact isn't necessarily going to be wonderful.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in the Times property section - seeformiles - 25-07-2011 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BBC Programme- property management firm operating in Forest Hill roz 2 7,335 04-05-2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: roz