SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Forest Hill in the Times property section
roz

22-07-2011 10:16 PM

Sorry, a different socioeconomic type of resident has moved in?

I don't think so. I was different socioeconomically once with a good salary, car , flat and money to burn. I spent money on clothes, books, and heaven above going to the theatre once a month, something which is now out of my reach. I travelled abroad several times a year and ate out at least once a week. Then I bought a house and had children. So some of us are still here. We are just older and poorer. Thats all.

I do not really think that new incomers are well off relatively; I was much better off- not because I was paid zillions but because basic costs were affordable. I dont see anyone flashing the cash around Forest Hill. These days if I feel like a bit of luxury I think about having a coffee and a croissant in one of the nice new cafes that have cropped up. But then I think do I want to spen £6 or so and get a back of croissants from Sainsburys instead...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Forest Hill in the Times property section - roz - 22-07-2011 10:16 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BBC Programme- property management firm operating in Forest Hill roz 2 7,339 04-05-2011 07:13 AM
Last Post: roz