SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Dodgy-looking hoodies
Bangorben

04-06-2011 05:48 PM

Not to cause widespread panic but we saw some pretty dodgy looking teenagers outside our house (Ebsworth, Garthorne and Bovill) – there were about five of them in black hoodies and they were having a good look around the front of our house (as we were watching the England football game) at our bikes which are securely locked up there. They went passed twice and looked in and on the third passing two of them with hoods up came onto our property before we think getting frightened off. Without sounding racially inflammatory and in order for others to perhaps more easily identify them, they were all of African origin, wearing black hoodies and one was on a bmx. Not front page news (unless we're talking Daily Mail) but, as we were broken into last year, worth mentioning I hope…

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Grange Gem

04-06-2011 07:06 PM

Bangor
It doesnt matter if dodgy looking people are black. The main thing is giving an accurate description. IE Average age, height, type of dress, time of day and exact location etc.

Londondrz

05-06-2011 05:16 PM

As soon as they step onto your property call the police.

Bangorben

05-06-2011 05:36 PM

I did think about calling the police (who were very good when we got burgled to be fair) but thought they'd probably say something along the lines of "What do you want us to do?". Essentially, the hoodies hadn't actually committed a crime so what good would it do? I thought blogging it to raise some awareness was the best bet. Has anyone had any success (eg. getting a patrol car to drive around the area) with the police in a similar situation as this?

Londondrz

06-06-2011 07:38 AM

Did you invite them onto your property? No, then call the police!! I doubt they were going to sweep your front yard or plant roses.

If it looks dodgy and they are on your property then call the police. I think the police would rather turn up to a non incident than another burglary or as you were in, something far worst.

charles941

17-06-2011 09:52 AM

Experience elsewhere may help Having experiencved louts like this causing property damage. Its going to be difficult to phone through an observation to police stations because these hoodies wear the same arrangements by design They premediate the issues arising to avoid identification. You need a camera to get any difference and the pandas are more interested in arriving at the site of trouble within the times scale of the occurences.

brian

17-06-2011 03:35 PM

Perhaps an electric fence. Or one of those machines that emit noise that only teenagers here.

The Grange Gem

17-06-2011 06:50 PM

A law should be made to ban hoods since they are not essential especially on a sunny day. A hat or cap is alls thats needed.

Also persons with certain criminal records should not be allowed to own certain types of dog breeds .

brian

17-06-2011 10:10 PM

And Union Leaders

sandy

17-06-2011 10:59 PM

Wot? And 'also persons with certain criminal records should not be allowed to own certain types of dog breeds.' And Union leaders...

charles941

18-06-2011 08:06 AM

woof woof woof;but I recollect from a personal experience in easrly autumn months a parkland seat-chalet of the open kind in Beckenham 35 years ago in fact.When I sat with a scarf round my face and over my head. A person came by and pointed out his disagreement. I did not swear back but pointed out that it was too cold and that I was entitled to do that Furthermore I was not near any property or with yobboes at all. You can say what you like tho just the same. If you had a phone and told police today of this then they get the same answer It is NOT on or near yhour property but a place of rest and shelter I say DONT BE SO STUPID AND IMMATURE to those who think that they can easily exploit a situation to complain of inherent stalkings going on when it is just their desire to get some reward themselves.

Perryman

18-06-2011 11:01 AM

charles941, you are barking. Smile

exfhpat

20-06-2011 07:43 AM

Now I dont want to appear rude of offemsive, however, does amyone on this forum fully understand anyof Charles posts ?

charles941

20-06-2011 08:36 AM

I Charles admit the posted experience is not current. It WAS a real experience but I agree in future not to refer back to times which shed little direct help on a situation being aired. Apologies.

Andy

20-06-2011 11:27 AM

It does seem a bit Unwinesque (does anyone remember Stanley Unwin?)

brian

20-06-2011 01:00 PM

Yes I do but did not find him very amusing.

jgdoherty

21-06-2011 05:41 AM

Deep joy.

Unabounded.

All over these isloads.

And especially in Birmingold.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields