SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Free guided walk on Saturday 28th
Ian Bull

27-05-2011 03:07 AM

Hullo everyone,

How about a free guided walk along SE23s part of the Green Chain footpath network on Saturday?

With apologies for the very short notice, Walk London has asked me to conduct this little stroll that exercises both the legs and the brain. They'll be plenty of historical photos to display as we make our way from Dulwich to Crystal Palace on this narrated stroll.

We'll start from the College Road entrance to Dulwich Park outside Dulwich Picture Gallery at 1.30pm. The walk should last about three hours.

We'll gently climb to some of the highest points in the city, parkland giving way to a lovely stroll through dense woodland and on to spectacular views over North Kent. For much of the walk you won't know you are in any city, let alone the Metropolis! This new extension to South East London's 'Green Chain Walk' has proven to be Walk London's most popular route. There's something for everyone, from naturalists to railway enthusiasts, in this verdant wander! We'll end with a good look at the remainders of the Crystal Palace. The course is steep in parts. Feel free to contact me for further information. T. 020 7223 3572, E. ianbull@btinternet.com

You can investigate first at the re-vamped and generously large Green Chain website

There's another, rather special, walk on Sunday. Please see

and a map here...

I look forward to seeing you!

All the best

Ian Bull

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian Bull

28-05-2011 01:04 AM

Hullo everyone,

Once again I've forgotten to mention that this walk isn't really suitable for prams or buggys thanks to two kissing gates in Sydenham Hill Woods Nature reserves. If you don't mind folding buggys and carrying there's no problem.

All the best

Ian Bull

TomH

28-05-2011 08:56 AM

Next time! As already busy today.
Thanks for the suggestion

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tree Walk - Saturday 14th May, 2pm michael 1 2,663 11-05-2022 03:28 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Garthorne Road Nature Reserve and guided walk open this sunday Herbparis 0 3,712 25-06-2018 06:20 PM
Last Post: Herbparis
  Garthorne Road Nature Reserve and guided walk this Sunday Herbparis 0 3,208 18-05-2018 11:05 AM
Last Post: Herbparis
  Free guided walk - 29th January - Green Chain Ian Bull 1 4,633 28-01-2011 02:24 PM
Last Post: Ian Bull