SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Can you not sit somewhere else?
Scootagal

19-05-2011 05:20 PM

I agree too! I could write an essay on my thoughts on reading on the tube at rush hour but I would be here all day. In fact train etiquette in general - people's spatial awareness just goes out the window! Being quite short, my shoulders are also quite useful for the tall to use as an elbow rest whilst reading their tomes. My face is also frequently inches away from newspapers and armpits. If everyone just accepted at rush hour it would be better to fold their papers away and let one or two more people on the train that everyone would be a lot happier. Also - people who insist on clinging onto whatever they are clinging to when the train is stationary thus meaning everyone else has to navigate around them to get off the train and tall people who can't seem to realise that they would be better holding the bar at the top rather than the side bars and that short people can squeeze beside the doors better than tall people who would be better swapping for the middle. And don't start me on people who read their papers in the middle of the carriage between the seats when the bits at either end are full to the rafters. Hmm - I wasn't going to start but I seem to have so had better stop before I get on the train for another jolly journey home!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Can you not sit somewhere else? - spud - 18-05-2011, 10:49 AM
RE: Can you not sit somewhere else? - Scootagal - 19-05-2011 05:20 PM
RE: Can you not sit somewhere else? - roz - 19-05-2011, 11:24 PM
RE: Can you not sit somewhere else? - roz - 20-05-2011, 07:41 PM