SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »
Tatoo Removal paid for by us.
seeformiles

11-05-2011 07:56 PM

In an ideal world maybe there's a case for providing tattoo removals but definitely not when people are being denied potentially life saving drugs by various health authorities, on the grounds of cost.

So no to tattoo removal, except where they've been forcibly given.

My uncle had a proper old fashioned sailor's tattoo and it suited him, but it's all very subjective isn't it.
They look fine on sailors and men with nice arms. They really don't look good on everyone I'm afraid.

I have female friends with tattoos on their lower backs - the results are varied and even they would admit that now, a few years on.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

11-05-2011 08:46 PM

I'm upset about paying for Margaret Thatcher's funeral and she's not even dead yet. Wonder if Denis ever had a tattoo.

Signed,

Mrs E Adams.

Cellar Door

12-05-2011 10:37 AM

seeformiles wrote:
…definitely not when people are being denied potentially life saving drugs by various health authorities, on the grounds of cost.

You are right, seeformiles. Prioritising expenditure is important. It’s where lobby groups come in along with many other voices. Your voice and my voice add to the overall choir.

I offer these notes to your proposal…

In summary…

I believe that everyone can benefit. Tax collection, industry, people needing life saving drugs and Mr./Ms. Tattoo. All for a relatively small initial tattoo removal investment.

In detail…

If we were to spend say £100 to remove a small facial tattoo from someone where this is the only barrier to a specific job and we then collect £1,000 in tax revenue per year rather than giving out £1,000 in benefits then my calculation is that we are £1,900 better off in the first taxation year. And that £1,900 effectively could be released, for example, to the various health authorities for life saving drugs.

The one off cost of £100 is just that. The increased income stream by our now tattooless tax paying person is potentially over many years. Without adjusting for inflation then over the medium period, of say 10 years, this one off investment of £100 creates £19,900. (£1,900 for the first year and then £2,000 for the remaining 9 years.) We are creating wealth.

That is an almightly return on a relatively small investment for the tax payer. And again, one that I believe benefits everyone.

Your prioritising is thoughtful. Bringing in the example of saving someone’s life is a strong argument no doubt.

(My example contains simple figures. The £100 for a small simple tattoo removal was sourced from The Telegraph’s original article. The £1,000 tax receipts and £1,000 of outgoing benefits were just simple round figures to demonstrate the return on our small initial investment.)

brian

12-05-2011 05:29 PM

Roz
What is the relevance of talking about a funeral that may not happen for years. If Dennis did have one it was hidden . I have no problem at all with hidden tattoos'

roz

12-05-2011 07:10 PM

Hopefully it won't be years. But not at taxpayers expense please- the Milk Snatcher has already had a high cost for many people.

I see this as more odious a prospect that paying for tattoo removal but I think it would probably be better to restrict tattoo parlours in the first place or have them licensed.

brian

12-05-2011 07:49 PM

We are in agreement about tattoo palours being licensed or restricted.

Not sure I want to comment on your obsession with the Good Lady.Perhaps she has a pre pay plan with Dignity. How do we know this is a private matter.

rshdunlop

13-05-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be years

Roz, I'm assuming that was a (Freudian) slip and you aren't actually wishing her dead. I'm no fan of Lady T myself, but even I wouldn't go that far.

roz

13-05-2011 08:54 AM

We'll be putting the bunting out that day along with many others I think! According to press reports that day may be arriving sooner than later.

There has been talk of a state funeral( paid by the tax payer- aren't you outraged about that?) and many concerns about there not being enough police to go around to 'manage' the many people who will be coming out to pay their 'respects'.

If you are old enough to remember, Margaret Thatcher didn't do society, compassion or morals, so she's not going to get any from me.

rshdunlop

13-05-2011 09:05 AM

I'm certainly old enough to remember - and the state of the country right now feels eerily like the early 80s. And that's not a good thing.

I doubt there will be a state funeral - that's just idle speculation, mostly whipped up by the Daily Mail. There is no precedent for it in recent times. The last one was Winston Churchill.

I personally believe in showing compassion to those who would appear not to deserve it - rise above it, and show a little dignity, is my motto. I didn't like to see people dancing in the streets when Bin Laden was killed, and I won't be putting out the bunting when anyone dies.

Where are you going to get your bunting from - assuming you haven't any left over from the Royal wedding?

brian

13-05-2011 09:50 AM

Roz
I am not a great fan of the Good Lady but also think she did what was necessary and required for our country.
The industries that closed in the 80's would have been dead in the 90's but more drawn out.
At least she had the guts to put the unions in their place , something sadly lacking with the current lot.
We would also probably be in the Euro if it were not for her.

Whatever her good and bad points I do find it rather bad form to cheer at their death. What an example to the younger geneartion.

jon14

13-05-2011 11:30 AM

Roz - how did Thatcher 'not do morals'? Your comments are shameful.

roz

13-05-2011 04:14 PM

I shameless is a better adjective.

jon14

13-05-2011 04:21 PM

Who else do you wish dead, Roz? Blair, Brown?

roz

13-05-2011 04:25 PM

I think shameless is a better adjective.

brian

13-05-2011 04:32 PM

I guess you are not asked to many funerals Roz.

I seem to recall you were upset when I called for the death penalty for premeditated murder. Yet you want a lady in her mid 80's , who I am sure has not murdered anyone ,dead.

roz

13-05-2011 09:07 PM

The Irish hunger strikers, the sinking of the Belgrano, etc- murdered no one , eh? !

robin orton

13-05-2011 09:13 PM

Funny definition of murder.

dbboy

13-05-2011 09:24 PM

Roz, I am starting to find your posts relating to wishing Lady Thatcher dead really offensive. You should not be wishing someone dead however much you disagree with their politics or what they did as Prime Minister. I never particularly thought much of the last thirteen years worth of Government which has left the UK broke, but I don't wish anyone any harm.

brian

13-05-2011 11:23 PM

Enough said but puzzled how you can describe hunger strikers as murder. They had a chance to eat.

As you are so profoundly anti British maybe you should go back to The Republic.

rshdunlop

13-05-2011 11:31 PM

Time to fact the facts - we've been had. Roz is a troll.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields