SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Old Blue Mountain Cafe in Forest Hill - a rant board in progress.
Cellar Door

02-04-2013 04:05 PM

P1971 wrote:
Went looking for the rant board today but sadly nothing was there.

I went past the other day and was delighted to see one remaining piece still in place.

It is on the left hand side. It is about A4 in size. Framed in wood with a plastic clear sheet to prevent weather damage. It protects a hand drawn picture (felt tip pen on paper) and captioned with “Carbon footprint and sink”. I make out that they have drawn a footprint inside what appears to be an old fashioned laundry sink. It is screwed to the chipboard with eight Phillips head (crosshead) screws. Two in each corner for good measure.

If you look carefully at VictorianNoah’s third picture in post #8 above, then you will see on the left hand side the corner of it. (Thank you VictorianNoah for taking those pictures and posting them in 2009. You have preserved an interesting bit of our local history. I still love your term, “…like something out of a fever dream.”)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Old Blue Mountain Cafe in Forest Hill - a rant board in progress. - Cellar Door - 02-04-2013 04:05 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Car reverses into cafe at Forest Hill station hillview 0 3,701 27-04-2017 12:00 PM
Last Post: hillview
  Departure board at Forest Hill station LeeH 20 20,172 01-08-2012 05:30 PM
Last Post: rbmartin