SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Help Finding a GP-Please!
SouthLondoner

18-06-2011 01:53 PM

http://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/Pag...iceType=GP - Enter your postcode and it will show you the nearest GP's. You can opt to see those currently accepting new applicants.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nottinghillbilly

18-06-2011 07:50 PM

Thanks, We tried that, but when we called they said we were'nt in their catchment area. Annoying and stressfulCursing

SouthLondoner

18-06-2011 09:23 PM

We live on Dartmouth Road and was refused by every local GP originally as we seemed to border all the catchment areas without actually being within one. It was a few years ago and I remember contacting someone within the NHS who had the power to select and force one of the local GP's to accept us. You might want to try contacting the local PCT as I believe they have powers to enforce placement.

Lewisham PCT
Cantilever House, Eltham Road, London, SE12 8RN
Tel:020 7206 3200

Probably worth a try contacting them! Good luck.

nottinghillbilly

19-06-2011 09:17 PM

Many thanks for that tip...shall give it a go.

dovetail

19-06-2011 10:05 PM

When I got purged from my old GP's list years after my move to FH, I found myself in your predicament. I telephoned several places only to be told that they were full or I was outside their catchment area. When I telephoned the centre which was my first choice, I was told that I was out of the catchment area despite the fact that my lodger was a patient as was the neighbour across the street!

No-one would take me apart from an appalling practice, ironically, a stone's throw away from my old GP. After 6 months, I had enough and showed up at the first choice centre.... I made a polite enquiry about becoming a patient and I was registered on the spot and no hassle!

I think when people telephone about registering, they just get a brush off but it's harder to turn away people when they're on your doorstep.

Good luck.

Baboonery

05-07-2011 12:09 PM

Got a letter yesterday informing me that the partnership at the Sydenham Road surgery is breaking up, and that one of the doctors is moving to Wells Park. Scandal! So, do I want to move away from crappy Sydenham Road, to somewhere that is closer but less convenient to get to...

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields