SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Linking Taymount to Thorpewood
IWereAbsolutelyFuming

19-05-2011 08:55 AM

For interest more than anything; the houses in Forestholme Close are owned on 999 year leases (with about 950 years remaining). I cant remember the exact convoluted nature of the ownership of the site but it goes something like, the freeholder of the land (previously, I think, the tennis club that was on the Rise) leased it to a developer in the 1960's, they built the houses, paths, roads etc, the houses were then sold on the 999 year leases mentioned. The owners of the 41(?) houses pay a total of £36 each per year to the 'headleaseholder' (compare that to the charges from The Dulwich Estate for similar freehold houses on their land). The legal documents prevent this figure from ever being increased so the 'headleaseholder' takes an income of £1,476 a year. Previously they would had responsibility for maintaining all shared areas and infrastructure in the street but as Michael said, Lewisham have adopted the roads, paths and green areas. The only things we believe the headleaseholder retains responsibility for are the walls and fences that border parts of the street - when repairs were needed recently LBL stated they were not responsible. They also have to give permission for any structural changes people want to make to the houses (again, they cant charge money for this).

The street itself is named, I believe, after the large house that sat roughly where the road branches off Taymount Rise.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Linking Taymount to Thorpewood - michael - 03-05-2011, 02:16 PM
RE: Linking Taymount to Thorpewood - brian - 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM
RE: Linking Taymount to Thorpewood - roz - 03-05-2011, 10:09 PM
RE: Linking Taymount to Thorpewood - IWereAbsolutelyFuming - 19-05-2011 08:55 AM