SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Perrymount / Kilmorie Schools
Jane2

07-05-2011 09:59 AM

Hi

My daughter is at Kilmorie and very happy. It was my first choice anyway. I am very pleased with her progress on reading and writing. I can't comment on the results for older children as she is not yet at the stage for taking KS2.

Yes the school is expanding to become 3 form entry due to the extreme shortage of school places in the borough. Whilst this is of concern because it makes the school large, there are other very successful schools in the borough of this size (eg Stillness) so I am trying to see this as an opportunity rather than a threat. Also, the aim of a school is to serve its local community of families and I think many of us feel we would rather the school expanded to enable families to go to their local school rather than being forced to drive miles away due to lack of school places. At least Kilmorie has the space for proper classrooms rather than having to resort to portacabins in the playground as many other schools are doing. It is just a fact of the rising birth rate in this borough and ALL schools will be asked to take the maximum number of pupils they can.

The parent involvement at Kilmorie is extremely high both through the Friends and the Parent Council.

Robin Bosher the head of Fairlawn who has been brought it to improve the results has a very good track record of raising standards and so I think we will soon see some positive changes at the school.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Perrymount / Kilmorie Schools - meduza - 01-05-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: Perrymount / Kilmorie Schools - Jane2 - 07-05-2011 09:59 AM
RE: Perrymount / Kilmorie Schools - pebble - 08-05-2011, 08:28 PM
RE: Perrymount / Kilmorie Schools - Jane2 - 08-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kilmorie or Perrymount School? klove 1 4,204 17-04-2016 08:55 PM
Last Post: Local Girl