SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car Ownership
IWereAbsolutelyFuming

28-04-2011 11:14 AM

I'd love to be able to get rid of our car and go the car club route but it'll be a while until I feel we could. We holiday mostly in the UK with a big tent and family aren't accessible easily on public transport so I'd reckon on at least 3 or 4 weeks car hire a year just to cover holidays and visits. I also do a lot of 'dirty work' with the car (chunks of wood on the roof, boot load of manure etc) which the other club members might not be to happy with.

That said, we could live without our car, we'd just have to live a lot differently to now, seeing family less, holidaying differently, being more efficient in organising other aspects of our life. But until multiple car households got rid of a car or two I wouldn't feel overly happy about ditching our one.

Doesn't help Devonshire Road much because of the nature of the street but things would improve to some degree if people actually used the drives and garages they have. I live in a street where half the residents seem allergic to theirs.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Car Ownership - IWereAbsolutelyFuming - 28-04-2011, 09:21 AM
RE: Car Ownership - andrewr - 30-04-2011, 06:09 PM
RE: Devonshire Road - residents parking - IWereAbsolutelyFuming - 28-04-2011 11:14 AM