SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Car Ownership
andrewr

28-04-2011 11:00 AM

152047 - the point I was making is that although an 11-12 parking control isn't too bad for visitors and stops all day parking, it can only allow residents to park if they have some sort of permit. Surely, to issue this involves all the cost and complexity of a CPZ?

IWereAbsolutelyFuming - Streetcar pricing is definitely aimed at short term hire and isn't intended for long periods. I haven't looked at deals on hiring in the UK recently but find I can hire a car abroad for a one week period for around £250-£300 including 'extras'. (Holiday Autos is recommended). Don't go directly to the 'big names'! I've just taken a look at the Sixt rental site and it looks like they will rent you a car for about this price from a London location for a week too.

I accept that if you run an old car on which depreciation is negligible, annual fixed costs could be less than £1000 for insurance, maintenance and depreciation, but if your car is less than 5 years old, it is likely to be costing at least £1000 pa in depreciation alone.

Club cars are definitely not the answer for everyone (me included!) but their growing popularity is evidence that they do suit the needs of many.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Car Ownership - IWereAbsolutelyFuming - 28-04-2011, 09:21 AM
RE: Car Ownership - andrewr - 30-04-2011, 06:09 PM
RE: Devonshire Road - residents parking - andrewr - 28-04-2011 11:00 AM