SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
The Life of Brian
michael

21-04-2011 09:21 PM

Bigbadwolf has provided some background information for us over on Sydenham Town Forum.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robin orton

22-04-2011 07:12 AM

I was moved to complain about Bigbadwolf to the administrator of the SE26 forum when, using an ingenious graphic, he accused me of being a w**ker (begins with 'w', rhymes with 'banker'.) I've got hardened to him now.

movingsouth

22-04-2011 09:00 AM

oh oh Crying
what do you mean Brian doesnt exist?!?! Scared
I have just pm him Blush
please tell me it is not true Rolleyes

Zimmerman

22-04-2011 07:17 PM

BBW did offend some of us on various webs, I never replied to any of his taunting messages. He will only stay if he gets somebody to reply to him, he glories in getting back at anyone who shows that they have been insulted.
He is still in many places but uses other names there. He has a certain format using a template to his messages that stick out a mile.

michael

23-04-2011 09:02 AM

BBW wrote:
My guess is that Se23.com's Brian is only part caricature. His persona is basically a self-accentuated voice of his disdain for the state of current society, aswell as his right-wing politics. He does, however, realise the attention such a voice will attract in an otherwise passive environment, and subsequently plays on that.

I believe there is an appropriate expression involving kettles and pots. This is a very good analysis of BBW if anybody was interested.

rshdunlop

23-04-2011 11:15 AM

Brian not real? I don't believe it. If he is a caricature, it doesn't go far enough.

I wonder what it must be like to be a real person and have your existence questioned by an online community. It's like Sartre for the 21st century. I was once accused of being a plant on another board. That was odd enough. Brian - come defend yourself! (Your silence is lending credence to the conspiracy.)

Jane_D

23-04-2011 11:47 AM

Interesting about BBW's reference to Brian not drinking coffee. I see him as more of a tea drinker, but can imagine him making the odd cup of instant, whilst deploring the modern habit of spending an executive's ransome on a middle-class-professional wifi-accessible skinny cappucino.

Brian?

brian

23-04-2011 11:55 AM

I have just noticed this post. Sorry been busy.
I did notice the title before but as BBW involved I assumed it refered to The Film and not me. Not being a great fan of the film ( as I believe peoples
beliefs should not be ridiculed ) . Also what would have happened if a film of the same type had been made about Mohammed.

I won't bother to read the possible rantings of BBW on another forum as I would imagine it would be offensive and or rubbish. Coping with one forum is quite enough thanks.

I am always amused at the number of people who think I am very right wing. I talk to a great many people and my views are often well to the left of their's.
I do tend to sometimes play devil's advocate , but I am sure I am not the only one.

I am surprised and thank you for your interest and I wish you all a very happy Easter Holiday

Jane_D

23-04-2011 01:34 PM

Thanks Brian. Happy Easter to you too.

marthasmum

25-04-2011 04:00 PM

I am a member of the sydenham forum where this BBW posts. He is rather tiresome. But you've got to feel sorry for him. I get the feeling he is very lonely and therfore desperate for attention. Problem is if you give him any he just gets worse. I guess at school he was one of the kids we would now call Special Needs. Most deffinately on the Autistic spectrum. They make for interesting friends usually - but sadly in his case not for long, thats why he has to move on all the time.

Andy

26-04-2011 09:38 AM

He's not autistic, he's a very naughty boy

Cellar Door

27-04-2011 11:51 AM

Brian,

I tip my hat in your direction for your thoughtful response.

Over the years, bigbadwolf has posted passionately on a number of local forums including this one.

Local forum for local people, eh Tubbs!

I wonder what is driving the motivation for bigbadwolf proposing another fairy tale over at the other forum?

brian

28-04-2011 10:35 AM

Dear Cellar Door
Just noticed your post. Too be honest no idea who BBW is so no idea if I have met him under his christian name before. Your guess good as mine.
As I said I have not read the items on the other site and cannot be bothered so to do.

Cellar Door

28-04-2011 11:32 AM

Hi Brian,

The only nugget of information from over there that sticks in my mind is that bigbadwolf would appear to still monitor this site. Although, I don't think they have posted on here since 2009.

I think that bigbadwolf may be one of those that have their posts explicitly approved or pre-moderated by this forum's owner before they are visible to other users.

Everything in pre-moderation, I suppose.

Merlin

28-04-2011 11:53 AM

Has anyone seen Piglet? a BBW wandering around the forum ........

rshdunlop

28-04-2011 01:30 PM

Didn't BBW huff and puff and blow Piglet's house down?

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

28-04-2011 01:33 PM

What happened to the post by the mysterious 'Lisa'?

Merlin

28-04-2011 02:20 PM

That was exactly my concern - but she's pals with the RSPCA so I'm sure they will re-house her!

I saw the 'Lisa' post too ... about the young, funny, Rugby playing chap her brother met.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields